"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

you've been on my mind...

Well... I think that title says how a lot of us feel right now about our friends and family!   So many people have been on my mind lately as we all adjust to what is our new normal for the next month or so.  But being able to do some crafting is really helping out.  This card is for the Hero Arts Stay Crafty with Hero Arts challenge to using something that had never seen ink.  Sadly I think I have several items from Hero Arts that have never seen ink and this Hero Arts/Gina K Design collaborative stamp set is one of them.  I stamped it in Memento Tuxdeo Black on white cardstock and then colored with Copic markers.  I do not think I have ever colored something this large with Copics and the only reason I gave it a go is that I think I finally know how to color well with Copics (thanks to watching many, many, many videos!).   Once I was done I die cut the piece with the largest plain rectangle die from A Jillian Vance Design.  I stamped the sentiment in VersaMark watermark ink on vellum, applied black embossing powder from WOW! and then heat set.  The strip was then wrapped around my panel and adhered on the back.  The panel was then adhered to a dark pink cardstock base.  Going to add this to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge, as well.


Thanks for stopping by and please stay safe!

3 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Well I'm glad this finally saw ink... what a beautiful card!!

Anita in France said...

Beautiful vibrant colouring, Rosemary ... love that you used vellum for the sentiment so we can see through to this lovely image! Hugs, Anita :)

Greta said...

One of the most beautiful cards ever, Rosemary!