"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, March 22, 2020

tropical thank you...

Hey there!  Popping in with a quick post of a card that I made for Freshly Made Sketches.  Fighting a lack of mojo right now.  I have been working on another card and was going to post it along with this one, but have kind of lost my drive to get it done.  Maybe tomorrow.   I made this card with some products from Stampin Up!    When I first started stamping I found Stampin Up! and I have continued to purchase their products.  My demo, Jenna, is fabulous and Stampin Up! has so really cool stamps and dies.  I actually bought the products I'm using today last summer, but because of other projects I was never able to get around to using them.   But when I saw the FMS layout it made me think of the set because it is full of tropical images and the leaf in the sketch looks tropical to me.  I purchased the stamp and die set as a bundle and the cardstock and patterned paper that matched, as well.  The set is called Tropical Chic.  The dies are really cool in that you can die cut stamped images with them and you can also die cut cardstock and use an interior die to cut out the interior of the leaf.  I die cut the leaves from dark green and lime green cardstock so that I ended up with a lime green interior piece for the dark green leaf and vice versa for the lime green leaf.  I trimmed a strip of matching pattern paper down, adhered it to my white cardstock panel and then die cut it.  The leaves were then arranged so I could determine where to put the sentiment which was stamped in VersaFine CLAIR Nocturne.  I adhered the leaves and a flower that I stamped with a pink ink from SU!


Thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

A prefect take on the sketch Rosemary! What fun SU products!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Wonderful tropical card (to me) love the design, so fresh with the colours.
Faith x

Amy O said...

I love the tropical feel of this card! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

TK said...

Very pretty and your pink flower add a beautiful pop to the scene!

Jen Mitchell said...

You've captured the design of our sketch perfectly! I love those tropical leafy dies (must check the SU catalog for them). I love the colors and the tropical vibe. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Anita in France said...

Aptly named, Rosemary ... lush tropical leaves and a sweet pink bloom to make it all pop ... lovely! Hugs, Anita :)

Greta said...

Looks like a winner to me, Rosemary! Those leaves are just beautiful!

Greta said...

Just saw the shout out at FMS--congrats!