"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, March 13, 2014

always believe...

Hello friends!!  The weekend is almost here!  We have had some lovely weather the last few days, but unfortunately it looks like it will be back to rain by tomorrow!  :(   Oh well... that is Western Washington, lol!  Anywhoo... I do have a card to share.  I made this little number for the current Reverse Confetti (SFYTT #10) sketch and ColourQ.

 



In an effort to slim down the number of layers on my card, but still keeping the sketch layout intact I decided to try embossing the bottom layer onto my cardstock instead of using cardstock or patterned paper.  And I absolutely LOVE the results!  Give it a try... you might like it, too!!  So for this card I embossed the long rectangular piece using a Spellbinders Long Rectangle die. Unfortunately, I see that it is a bit hard to see in the photo. (Added a detail shot.)  Additional cardstock and patterned paper was die cut using my regular Spellbinders rectange dies and layered.  A strip of black cardstock was cut, one edge punched with a scalloped edge punch and a strip of green cardstock layered on top.  I adhered that strip and then layered on the other elements, including the paper crane that I stamped on "newsprint" patterned paper and trimmed out. 

Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white & black; SU! Lucky Limeade; Stamps:  Reverse Confetti Paper Crane; Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black; Patterned Paper:  SU! dsp; dies:  Spellbinders plain rectangles, long plain rectangles and plain circle dies; Fiskars scalloped edge punch

16 comments:

Nancy Thomas said...

So beautiful and serene.

walchowDesign said...

Beautiful card and love your take on the sketch by using the embossed rectangle. We are having some lovely spring weather too but rain is coming to visit us soon!

Lin said...

A lovely result, Rosemary, and I love that sentiment!

Nancy said...

I like the sentiment too! You incorporated the colors in such a creative way! Very nice!

Christine said...

Here in Belgium the weather was also nice. Your card is beautiful Rosy, that sentiment is so great!!
Hug
Christine

joy said...

Pretty card and a clever idea to emboss one of the layers, Rosemary.

Barb Ghig said...

What a great idea to use your embossed rectangle die to decrease the bulk on your card...I'll have to try that! I love how you played with the sketch, Rosemary...Love the color combo, too! As always, a beautiful card!

Greta said...

Wow! You made perfect use of the sketch with that color combo & I LOVE the embossed rectangle for the bottom layer! Fabulous card, Rosemary! PS--the weather was amazing yesterday & I even pruned the roses in front--good to get that done & I see some may not have survived our unusual winter.

jintyoo7 said...

Beautiful, Rosie - and I just love the sweet, serene sentiment :)

craftieodmae said...

beautiful, I love the sentiment!!

Deepti said...

Great take on the challenges, I love the way u grouped the patterns together :)

Viv said...

Another fab card Rosie, loving the L/O and colours too. We have had sun here,and mild too, hope it lasts now :) Viv xx

LeAnne said...

Love this layout and your pretty origami image....and those papers are terrific! Thanks for playing with the ColourQ challenge colors this week!

Anita in France said...

There's something so wonderfully calm about your card, Rosemary ... the colours, the origami and the lovely sentiment combine to create a real feeling of serenity! Lovely! Anita :)

Claire said...

I agree with Anita...it's such a beautifully zen card Rosemary! And I love how you cut out one of the layers by embossing the rectangle...so clever! Thanks for playing along at Colour Q!

Sylvia said...

Beautifully designed card, Rosemary, I agree the images are very calming, I love the origami piece! So happy to see your card at the colourQ, thanks for playing with us!