"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

CMCC #11... oh, Hello!

 
Hello friends!!  It's Wednesday and that means time for a brand new Colour Me...! combo!  This week is a really fun one:  navyish (is that a word??) and orange.  I have to admit I was a bit intimidated by this combo, but I think I reached a good balance with my card.  You can find all the challenge details here on the blog. 


I pulled out my Stampin Up! "oh, Hello" stamp set, as well as the Hero Arts set "Antique Butterflies & Flowers".    When I am confronted with a color combo that I find a bit intimidating I have a tendency to go with stamping instead of trying to combine patterned paper or cardstock.  I find that I'm able to achieve a better balance on my card that way.  Give it a try and see if it works for you.  Once, again, I used the lighter of the two colors (the orange) as more of a background for the darker navy color. 

Thanks for stopping by... please check out the projects created by my fellow teamies Tara, Hayley, Sam, Katie, Brenda and March guest designer, Michelle!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white; SU! orange; Stamps:  Hero Arts & Stampin Up!; Inks:  Memento and Stampin Up!; Enamel dots:  My Mind's Eye; Fiskars Corner Rounder

15 comments:

Deepti said...

This is gorgeous!!! Whenever I visit ur blog, I know I am in for am eye candy ;)

craftieodmae said...

Gorgeous, and I love the corners!!!!

Lisa Elton said...

Pretty card Rosemary! I like your design and that delightful butterfly!

Barb Ghig said...

Such a beautiful combination of elements, and I love how you played with the color combo! Thanks for the tips on challenging color combos...Gorgeous card, Rosemary!

Katie Melhus said...

You card really is very striking and balanced! (I was a bit intimidated by this combo myself and it took me a few tries to get something going). I really love your front panel, it is perfectly contrasted against your base/frame! Nice work :)

Greta said...

After seeing your gorgeous card, I may give the challenge a try! Orange is not something I use much, but your project shows how lovely it can be, Rosemary!

Robin K. said...

This is a beautiful card! I need to check this challenge out!

jintyoo7 said...

Fabulous, love the colour combination and the rounded corners :)

judkajudi said...

Love the color combo! Sometimes we need a reason to try something new. Lovely card, Rosemary.

Lisa Lara said...

I love your stamped circle and popped up butterfly with this color combo Rosi.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love this card, you've used the colours so beautifully.

Unknown said...

Lovely job Rosemary! I love those dots I see them everywhere and need to find some :)

OttawaMom said...

I love the way you've used the challenge colours - perfect balance indeed! And I'm with Hayley, I love all those fabulous dots too.

Anita in France said...

So beautifully balanced, Rosemary ... colours, dimension, dots ... fabulous! Anita :)

Tara Bourgoin said...

yum, yum, yum! I just love this card - those enamel dots are fabulous. Love the chevron over and that big butterfly.