"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, March 14, 2014

amazing birthday...

Hello friends!!  Popping in with a card for three different Verve challenges:  Diva Dare:  "Do the Polka", Viva La Verve March Sketch #1 & Verve Inspiration: Spring Has Sprung.  And here is my card:

When I think of spring I always think of all the sweet little birds I see flying about and cherping in the trees... not the starling, though!  They are so annoying, but the cute little chickadees.  So I got out my Memory Box Perched Reed Bird die and cut a little birdie from some BasicGrey Serenade papers.  I used two Verve sets, Poppy Birthday (sentiment) and Unto Us (label), for the card.  The label was die cut using the Verve Classy Label die and then stamped with the corresponding image from Unto Us in yellow ink.  The sentiment was stamp using dark brown ink.  The background paper and banners were cut from additional Serenade papers.  I distressed the edges for a slightly shabby look.

Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI kraft & rustic white; PP:  BasicGrey; Stamps: Verve; Ink:  Stampin Up!; Dies:  Memory Box, My Favorite Things & Verve

12 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

So beautiful! Love those polka dot banners!

Lisa Lara said...

I love the look you acquired with your tearing technique Rosi. Very shabby Chic.

Barb Ghig said...

You really nailed it, Rosemary! I love your shabby chic design with the elegant font on your sentiment! Beautiful card!

Anita in France said...

Gorgeous colour palette, Rosemary ... and such a clever bit of die cutting ... a bird on a bird ... fab! Anita :)

Malika said...

Nice card. I love it

Malika

Tenia Nelson said...

So so pretty!!

Lisa Elton said...

I like your polka dot banners and tattered edges Rosemary! This is pretty!

Marisa said...

Wonderful papers and love how you added the bird :) Thanks for playing this month's Diva Dare.

Greta said...

Those papers are perfect for your gorgeous shabby chic card, Rosemary! Love using printed paper for the birdie!

jintyoo7 said...

Beautiful :)

walchowDesign said...

Pretty shabby chic card and love the torn look on the card!

Robin K. said...

Lovin' the shabby chic feel of this one!