"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, March 7, 2014

birds of a feather...

Hello friends!!  Back with a card to share.  Hope you like it... it is really outside my comfort zone!  Way out..., lol!!  


 I combined Cure for the Monday Blues with the new CAS(E) this Sketch layout.  I also could pop it into Virginia's first challenge:  Watercoloring since I watercolored on the tag.  And finally I just discovered that it would work for the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge:  Tag It.   This was definitely a "fiddly" card as I spent a long time trying to make sure that the feather looked okay (not sure I succeeded, lol) and figuring out if I should add something to obscure the hole in tag.  Tried this and that and finally settled on some thin black twine tied in a bow.  I think it works or this could just be a complete "hot mess"!  Anyway... tell me what you think.  Stamps are Avery Elle so I will also be popping it into their new challenge:  embellishments.  


I really took a bit of license with the CTS sketch, but hopefully you can still see the basic idea there. I spritzed a piece of watercolor paper with water and then using my So Saffron reinker brushed on the light yellow.  After the piece was dry I die cut the tag using my Reverse Confetti tag die.  The sentiment was stamped using watermark ink, white embossing powder applied and heat set.  The "together" was stamped, trimmed out and added to the tag using foam dimensionals.  After adhering the feather I added the tag, some green sequins, the bow and I was done.

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI kraft & rustic white; Strathmore watercolor paper; Stamps:  Avery Elle Love Notes; Die:  Reverse Confetti; Inks:  So Saffron, black, watermark ink; white embossing powder; green sequins; black twine

21 comments:

Virginia L. said...

LOVE your water-colored tag, Rosemary! The shades of yellow are really gorgeous! FABULOUS design! Thanks for linking up to Virginia's View Challenge! xo

Barb Ghig said...

Oh my, Rosemary! This is fabulous! Your feather is amazing, and I love your water coloring on the tag! Really beautiful card!

Greta said...

Love how you did the tag & that feather is gorgeous! I like the black twine & sequins, too--great card, Rosemary!

Deepti said...

Though not ur style but it still has the same perfection as every card :) love it

Anita in France said...

Wow, Rosemary ... this is fabulous! I love how you've used the feather as a backdrop for that gorgeous watercoloured tag! Lovely, lovely soft colours! Anita :)

Canonbury creations said...

Wonderful card Rosie, great layout, love that feather! Perfectly placed sequins as well, your usual triangle shape that I try to copy :o)
Val x

joy said...

Lovely yellows here! The touch of black is so nice.

Lin said...

Wow, Rosemary you hit this out of the ballpark for the sketch! It may have been fiddly to you, but it looks just perfect to me! Thanks so much for joining us for our tag challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Michelle said...

Maybe way out...but completely awesome, Rosemary!

Anonymous said...

Looks FANTASTIC!!! Love everything about this card!

walchowDesign said...

The tag, feather, twines and sequins all falls beautifully on this card, Rosie! Great design!

Kristie W. said...

I think you did a fab job!! Love the big feather under the tag. The tag is awesome too!

Evelyn S. said...

This is terrific! I don't believe I've seen a feather used so dramatically!

jintyoo7 said...

Fabulous - you may feel you're out of your comfort zone but it has really inspired me :)

Taheerah said...

YAY, I love that you played outside of your comfort zone Rosemary - it's always such a great feeling of accomplishment! Love your bold feather and the white embossed sentiment on the watercoloured tag, and of course those yummy sequins! Thanks so much for playing to find a Cure For The Monday Blues!

donna mikasa said...

Such a clever take on the sketch and using that gorgeous feather--genius! Love the contrast of the green sequins, too! Thanks for joining the AE Challenge!

Martha said...

Rosemary, I love the darling tag & feather on this fabulous card!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so fabulous! I love it! Great take on the sketch!

Betty said...

LOVE your big feather, Rosemary. Great card. Thanks for playing along at CAS(E) this sketch and hope to see you again.

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Well, I would say that you stepped out of your comfort zone beautifully, Rosemary! That feather is delicious! Thanks so much for playing with us at the Avery Elle AEI♥U Challenge! We're so glad you did!

Katie Gehring said...

This is really beautiful! Working outside your comfort zone seems to be working for you! :) Thanks for sharing this gorgeous creations with the AE Challenge!!