"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, March 29, 2014

where flowers bloom...

Hello friends!!  Another soggy day here in the northwest. Have a card that I made last night for a couple of challenges:  CAS-ual Fridays: Good Egg (use ovals) and CAS(E) this Sketch.

 
This card started with a different image in mind, but that wasn't working so I went with this tulip image from the SU! set Backyard Basics.  I realize that I'm stretching the whole oval thing a bit with the tulips, but I also added a little oval charm.   I used my PTI notebook die to cut the Rustic White cardstock and then stamped the images using Memento Rich Cocoa ink.  The tulips were colored with my Copic markers.  I roughed up the edges of the piece and then wrapped it with some purple twine and tied on the little charm.  The sentiment is from a Flourishes set "Botanical Bookplates 2".  After roughing up the edges of the card base I adhered the image and then added a few clear sequins

16 comments:

stampwithsandy said...

Just gorgeous!

Lisa Elton said...

I love those pretty tulips and the way you've wrapped the twine! This is lovely Rosemary!!

Kim Hall said...

Oh my this is just so pretty, love the way you have coloured your Tulips!!

Lisa Lara said...

I love how you used the twine Rosi. Cool card.

Malika said...

Lovely card

Malika

Anita in France said...

So lovely and fresh, Rosemary ... and so clever ... I'd never really twigged that tulip blooms are oval ... genius! Anita :)

jintyoo7 said...

So pretty, love the slightly "aged" look, and the lovely twine with the perfect wee charm :)

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is beautiful! Wonderful take on the sketch!

Robin K. said...

Just lovin' the way you've been tying your twines lately!! This is lovely!!

Darnell said...

Rustic and airy and just gorgeous, Rosemary!! Hugs, Darnell

Deepti said...

This is gorgeous , I love the distressing u do on ur cards :)

Beverley said...

Beautiful Spring card, love the twine detail :) Hugs Bev x

Barb Ghig said...

I have to apologize...I didn't realize I had gotten so far behind!

This is really gorgeous, Rosemary! Your tulips are so pretty...such a lovely shade of purple and your matching twine is fabulous! I love the sweet little charm, too!

Greta said...

Wowzer, Rosemary! I love everything about this card--perfectly created!

Anonymous said...

Love the distressed look on the card base and focal panel Rosemary - just the right amount of added interest to an already beautiful card! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS-ual Fridays ;-)

Susan Powell said...

WOW!!! This is absolutely gorgeous! Your card is perfection!!