"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

CMCC #10... thank you

Hello friends!!   Wednesday has rolled around again and that means time for a new Colour Me...! challenge!  And since it is the first Wednesday of the month that means you have one color plus neutrals to create with.  This week's color is Old Olive (a slightly yellowish green, not to light, not too dark).   We also have a brand new guest designer, too!!   The wildly talented Michelle!!  Make sure you check out her blog... you won't be sorry!


Since I was working with only one color and neutrals I decided to keep things simple.  I used the current sketch from Sketchbook Saturday for my layout.  The flowers (from the SU! Flower Shop set) were stamped in Old Olive and then punched out.  I found a bit of very old SU! designer paper in Old Olive for the main panel.  I cut a strip of vellum and stamped the sentiment (from the MFT set Big Greetings) on the vellum using Delicata Golden Glitz ink.  I poured on some clear embossing powder and heat set it.  I added a bit of the Golden Glitz ink to the centers of the flowers then adhered the vellum strip and the flower. 

Thanks for stopping by... please check out the projects created by my fellow teamies Tara, Hayley, Sam, Katie, Brenda and March guest designer, Michelle!

19 comments:

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Rosie,
The Olive Green is an eye catcher and the flowers compliment the bg beautifully. Great card.
Smiles:)
Sue

Kristie Goulet said...

Very pretty! I love the touch of gold you added!

Anita in France said...

There's such a calm, gentle feel to your card, Rosemary ... it's just lovely, especially with the touch of gold! Anita :)

Deepti said...

Oh my God this is so beautiful :) Love the tone on tone stamping !!

karen h said...

Wonderful card - love the white flowers popping against the olive pattern panel!

Lisa Elton said...

Beautiful design, beautiful flowers...beautiful card!

Barb Ghig said...

This is really gorgeous, Rosemary! I love the tone on tone background with those beautiful flowers! Perfect with this shade of green, too!

Katie Melhus said...

This is so pretty! I love your stamped background panel and your flowers are just perfect for this :)

craftieodmae said...

Love the layout and those yummy colors!!!!

OttawaMom said...

I love that you used the vellum for the sentiment - perfect for not hiding that pretty background! Love this card.

walchowDesign said...

Beautiful stamped bg which compliments so well with your flower, Rosie!

judkajudi said...

This is stunning!! Love that old olive color. So glad to see vellum again!! Thanks for commenting on my blog .. I am way behind!!

Unknown said...

Rosemary I just LOVE how you used the vellum for the sentiment, what a stunning idea!!!

Annette Elliott said...

Rosemary, I wanted to let you know that I have been enjoying your blog and picked yours to receive the Liebster Blog Award. To check it out, please see my post at AEstamps A Latte. http://aestamps2.blogspot.com/2014/03/liebster-award-nomination.html

Martha said...

WOW, what a beauty this is, Rosemary! You sure made the Old Olive shine!

Viv said...

This is so gorgeous Rosie, loving that Olive green too.I have just bought lots of vellum so watch out for more vellum cards from me :) Viv xx

Greta said...

Wow--what a great card--so eye-catching! The background paper is perfect for those beautiful flowers! Love this, Rosemary!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful, love those flowers

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Gorgeous as always, Rosie!!