"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Another Simple Card...

This time for the current Waltzingmouse sketch challenge.  I often wish I was the kind of cardmaker who can pile all kinds of lovely trims and bits on a card and make it work, but I'm not.  Nothing wrong with being someone who tends more toward the clean and simple end of cardmaking, though.  While this card is simple I did try to step outside that box and add some trims that I normally don't add, like the crocheted ribbon and the little medallion used on the card, as well.  I'm not completely certain that I like the bow on the card, but card was rather plain looking without it.  There isn't alot of stamping on this card and no sentiment, but that's okay I think.    



Thanks for peeking....

Supplies:  Carstock:  PTI Vintage Cream & Kraft; PP  Websters Pages; Medallion:  Pink Paislee Artisan Ornaments; Ribbon:  Stampin Up! Bravo Burgundy grosgrain;  Ink:  SU! Bravo Burgundy; Stamps:  WMS Victorian Frippery

7 comments:

craftieodmae said...

Rosemary this is awesome!!!! Love it!

Barb said...

This is beautiful, Rosie! And I like the bow! The stripes and dots play off each other and the lace trim is the perfect touch!

stampingandstitching said...

That would be a difficult sketch for me but you did a brilliant job with it, Rosemary! Love the mix of patterns and the bow and lace are so pretty!

Elise said...

Oh, HONEY! It's MORE than okay! This is positively exquisite... What I love is that your style IS YOUR STYLE! It's CAS, with a TWIST! This is SO lovely - I think I want a custom PILLOW, just like it! BEAUTIFUL!

Alice said...

very pretty card, Rosemary! love the lace trim you used in this. perfect touch!

Julia Aston said...

Love the colors and CAS design - I'm with you - I don't usually use a lot of frills! thanks for playing with the WMS sketch!

Michelle said...

Simple...I don't see anything simple here. I see wonderful! Thanks for the inspiration!!