"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

ODBD + Sentimental Sundays

Posting a card for two challenges:  ODBD Shining the Light (a sketch) and Sentimental Sundays (a color challenge).   The colors we were asked to use are:  Summer Sun, Handsome Hunter, Poppy Parade & Old Olive.  For me, not a group of colors that I found easy to combine.  I thought using the sketch would make it easier, but to be honest it actually made it harder for me.  Oh well... another case of live and learn.  However, in the end I do think that the card turned out rather nice.

I used one of the daffodil images from the Heartfelt Creations set Daffy Daffodils.  The verse is from the ODBD set I am the Way.  I stamped the daffodil on the white cardstock using PTI's Summer Sunrise ink and then stamped the verse over that using SU!'s Old Olive.  In order to make things not look quite so color-blocked I embossed the white cardstock with a Cuttlebug embossing folder and stamped the Poppy Parade strip with CHF backgrounder Climbing Leaves using Versamark ink.    The ribbon is Summer Sunrise, as well.



Thanks for taking a peek....  Finally... I just have to say that I'm still pinching myself over winning the Moxie Fab Grey is the New Black challenge and I can't tell you how much I appreciate all the lovely comments people have been leaving me!  It definitely made my day!

Supplies:  cardstock:  PTI white; SU! Handsome Hunter, Poppy Parade & Old Olive; Ink:  SU! Old Olive, PTI Summer Sunrise, VersaMark; Cuttlebug; Birds & Vines ef; Spellbinders plain oval dies; scalloped square dies; PTI Summer Sunrise grosgrain ribbon; Stamps:  ODBD, Heartfelt Creations & Cornish Hertiage Farms

13 comments:

papertrails leaver said...

What a gorgeous card! Your embossing on the base is fab paired with the die cut. Thank for joining us at Sentimental Sundays! Amy

Elise said...

MOXIE, girrrrrrl! That's TRULY you, baby! This is EXCELLENT! Ultra elegance and flawless use of layer, COLOR and YUMMY texture! FANTASTIC!

Olena said...

gorgeous card! Great job! Olena

Barb said...

You deserved that win, Rosie. . .your card was gorgeous! Love this one too! You've used the colors in such a lovely design!

craftieodmae said...

Oh WOW! I love the colors and sketch! Fantastic card!

Isha Gupta said...

Gorgeous card Rosemary. Love it.

Sabrina Jackson said...

Rosemary, wow, this is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! I truly love everything about this beauty!! Thanks so much for taking the time to play along in this weeks Shining the Light Challenge!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how elegant. I just love the white embossing. The overstamping is beautiful. Gorgeous take on the sketch!! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week.

stampingandstitching said...

Rosemary, congrats again on your well deserved Moxie Fab win! This card is absolutely gorgeous!

Ann English said...

Positively gorgeous-what a beautiful and meaningful card.

Thank you for joining us this week at Sentimental Sundays. I hope to see you again soon!

Ceal said...

very pretty! Thanks for joining us at SS

Jeanet van der Lee said...

Beautiful card, great sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays Challenges this week. Hugs, Jeanet

Jean McKenzie said...

Gorgeous card! I love the clean look, the frame and the background image of the wording. Love it!