"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

CR84FN #11

So... the other day I made a card that turned out EXACTLY how I envisioned it would turn out.  Today I have a card that didn't turn out quite how I had envisioned it would.  I still like the card, but well....  I used the current color combo from CR84FN of kraft, brown & red!  I love anything with kraft so doing this challenge was a no-brainer.  



I stamped the kraft card base with the Hero Arts Musical background using Versamark ink for the tone on tone effect.  The smaller musical image is also from Hero Arts.  That was stamped on Vintage Cream cardstock using Close to Cocoa ink.  The "love" and heart are from the {Stamps}of Life set Hearts2Build.  Those were stamped using Real Red ink.  I spritzed all three pieces with some Vanilla Smooch.   Some twine, a red button and the Zva crystal flourish finished off the card.

Thanks for taking a peek...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI kraft & vintage cream; Stamps:  Hero Arts:  Musical Background & Musical Clef; Stamps of Life Hearts2Build; Ink:  Real Red, Close to Cocoa; VersaMark; Twine & Button:  PTI; Zva Creative Flourish

13 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

Fabulous flourishes - and the soft, subtle musical background is great. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week.

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Rosemary! I don't know what you envisioned but this card is fabulous! Love the bling flourish and sweet heart! Great take on this week's colors! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN :)

Unknown said...

I don't know what you had in mind, but this turned out great! Love the flourish, red accents, twine, & music paper... fabulous combo!

Isha Gupta said...

This is Gorgeous. love it Rosemary.

Barb said...

Love the way it turned out, Rosie! Beautiful stamping and embellies!

Andrea M said...

Hey Rosemary!!! As usual, you have created a stunning card that is a combination of CAS and brilliant detail!!! This is fabulous girl! Wonderful take on the challenge colors! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!!! Hope you'll join us again next week!

Brenda said...

That's really lovely Rosemary! I love your bling, never something I really use but I always admire anyone who does!

Sue Lelli said...

I just LOVE this card! The music in Versamark for the background is FAB! The sheet music with the bling and the LOVE is so STRIKING! THX for playing with us this week at CR84FN!

Elise said...

I'll give ya a SMOOCH! {hee hee} THIS IS FABBY, my dear! THIS playful composition and positively FESTIVE use of BLING.... oh, be still, my GIRLY, twirly heart! I LOVE IT! I know it can be hard to predict, but I LOVE where you "go" with the right inspiration: this is FABULOUS!

Meredith MacRitchie said...

I don't know what you were hoping for, but I think this turned out just great!! I love the musical background, and all the little details like your bling and your twine... thanks so much for joining CR84FN this week :)

Unknown said...

This is beautiful, Rosemary! Love all the swirly / blingy goodness on this! Thanks for joining us at CR84FN!

Michelle said...

Rosemary, this card s so pretty! I love the crystal flourish...perfct touch!

Romaine said...

I love this! I love the flourish, the music, the layering!