"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Vintage {?} CR84FN...

My card today uses the current color combo from CR84FN12 combined with the current Stampin Sisters in Christ challenge to make it vintage and the current Card Patterns sketch.   My card, to a certain extent, is about as "vintage" as I can get.  I'm a CAS kinda girl and doing shabby chic/vintage is a real struggle for me.  To make my card fit the vintage idea I ink distressed the edges of the main panel with Ranger's Old Page distress ink.  I also inked the edges of the little flower that I made.  The stamped image (from Hero Arts - Classic Fabric Design) does have a very vintage sort of feel too it.  The addition of some crocheted lace and the pins add a bit more to the vintage look. 



I flipped the Card Patterns sketch so that the circle element is on the other side of the card because I have a habit of tying my bows so they end up on the righthand side of the card!  For some reason a bow on the righthand side is just more pleasing to me.    Finally, I'm going to put this in the current Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger challenge as it fits that challenge, as well (sorry I don't have the Trigger graphic... I kinda ran out of room!).   And, eeekk!!  Cath picked my card from last week's Tuesday Trigger challenge as a trigger target!!  How cool is that????

Thanks for taking a peek...  have a Moxie Fab day!!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI Kraft & white; Stamps:  Hero Arts Classic Fabric Design; Stampin Up! (best wishes sentinment); Ribbon:  May Arts crochet & PTI Sweet Blush grosgrain; PTI flower dies; Stick pins:  Close to My Heart; Ink:  PTI Lavender Moon; Memento Angel Pink; Memento Black

20 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Congrats on winning the Trigger Target Rosemary :) Your card is beautiful! Love that 3D flower and how you stamped the sentiment! So feminine looking! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN :)

Patti J said...

OOOh....I love anything Kraft! Beautiful card, Rosemary! Awesome job on the sketch - I'm a sketch turner too! Thanks for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ this week! Hope to see you back again next week!

Deborah Frings said...

It's beautful! I really like the lace and those pretty pins in the bow. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN.

Lin said...

Really lovely, Rosemary - love how this turned out! And Congrats on the Tuesday Trigger mention!!

Christina said...

Congrats on being a Trigger Target! It was well deserved.

I don't do vintage very well, but this is soft and lovely! The lace is a nice touch, and the PTI flowers have a very different look the way you've layered them and curled the petals. Very pretty!

Barb said...

Yay! Tuesday Trigger Target! Woo, hoo! Happy for you, Rosie! But not surprised. This card is so gorgeous! I belive you do vintage a whole lot better than think you do!

Meredith MacRitchie said...

For being a CAS kind of girl, you did a wonderful job adding some shab to your card! I love this, I think it's beautiful. Thanks for playing with CR84FN this week!

Andrea M said...

WOW Rosemary! You do CAS and vintage soooo well!!! So creative and I am so totally inspired! Wonderful!!! Fabulous use of the challenge colors! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CR84FN!!! Hope you'll join us again next week!!!
Congrats on the Tues Trigger!!!

Becky said...

This is so soft and lovely. Thank you for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ.

anja curvers said...

Very beautiful and elegant love these colors. Thanks for joing us at cardpatterns.

Angelica Turner said...

This is gorgeous, love the colors and shabby look.

Elise said...

No, SERIOUSLY! YOU, my DEAR and craftilicious friend - ARE AMAZING! What a hot, hot, smokin' hot, the keys are burning my finers - HOT streak you are on, my darling! YOU go!!!!!

This card is freakin' FABULOUS!

Unknown said...

This is a gorgeously soft, vintage creation. Beautiful! Congratulations on your trigger win! And thanks for coming alongside Stampin' Sisters in Christ this week, we do love seeing your work!

Virginia L. said...

Gorgeous card, Rosemary! Love your take! Congrats on all the latest wins at MF!! You are on a roll!

Trinh said...

This is gorgeous, Rosemary!

Sue Lelli said...

Rosemary, Really PRETTY! LOVE that dp and the stick pins are so FAB! That pretty pink ribbon is DIVINE! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Michelle said...

WOW!! Cool bg on your blog! :)
Love this card! beautiful pins, stamping and flower!!!!
Congrats on Tuesday Trigger!

~amy~ said...

gorgeous card! Such a fab combo of challenges...congrats on last weeks target shout out! yahoo for a fellow washingtonian!!! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!

DustyPenny (Joy Ott) said...

So pretty, Rosemary!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Rosemary! What a pretty approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)