"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Hello Yellow!

This week Susan set a One Layer Wednesday challenge to use yellow.  At first I was like "yellow, why oh why yellow... I have such a hard time photographing yellow"!   Well actually I just have a hard time photographing pretty much anything, but that's another story!    After whining a bit and sulking I decided to check out what other players had posted on Susan's blog.   As I was looking around I saw this card and my idea was born.  I loved the block of yellow on the white card, but decided for my card to move the image to the lower half of my card, tie ribbon above the image to define all the lovely white space on top and stamp the sentiment on the image.  I really LOVE how it turned out and I think the photo turned out pretty good, too!!



Thanks for taking a peek....

Supplies:  PTI white cardstock; Stamps:  Hero Arts Silhouette Bells cling, Find Joy clear set; Ink:  Stampin Up! So Saffron, PTI True Black; Ribbon:  Stampin Up! So Saffron

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, Rosemary. Fabulous placement of the image and the sentiment.
Amelia

Barb said...

I love the softness of that yellow shade, Rosie! Beautiful card!

Susan said...

Awww...Rosemary!! This is gorgeous!!

Nancy said...

I agree, Rosemary, this turned out so nice! Yellow is always so cheerful. I think your card is lovely!

Elise said...

You KNOW WHAT!?! Rosie - you've somehow managed to outdo YOURSELF! This is positively RADIANT! I LOVE IT! You did a FANTASTIC job with this card! I love EVERYTHING about it, but in particular, LOVE how your sentient is SO outstanding in color/contrast and placement! This is high on my list of favorite Rosie cards! YEE HAW!

Donelda said...

yup, all you say is true - beautiful image, great placement, ribbon is perfect, love your overstamped sentiment and you photographed this beautifully!! Nice job ... on it all!

www.cricutcraftyclare.blogspot.com said...

I love this! I bought this stamp set because it is my favorite flower, then did not know what to do with it! So, I will be scraplifting this! Thanks and check out my blog give away!

www.cricutcraftyclare.blogspot.com said...

I nominated you for a blog award. You can find the details at my blog: www.cricutcraftyclare.blogspot.com
Be sure to check it out today and enter my blog candy drawing!

Michelle said...

This one layer card is wonderful, Rosie!!! Congrats on your blog award!!!

Bonnie said...

Aah! This is really lovely! Beautiful bow too!

PetraB said...

A wonderful card with such a soft yellow. The card turned out beautifully.

Susan Raihala said...

Way to take inspiration from another stamper and totally make the card your own! This is absolutely lovely! Thanks for playing the OLW this week!

stampingandstitching said...

This is such a wonderful CAS card, Rosemary! Love your design and the colours are so beautiful! Great photo too!

Rae said...

I must agree with you. This card turned out PERFECT! (the photography, too) Beautiful job!