"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Friends are....

the most wonderful thing!  I'm so glad that I have made some lovely "friends I haven't met, yet" here in the papercrafting world!  Hopefully I will be able to meet some of you in real life one day!  When I made this card today I wasn't necessarily thinking that this would be entered into any challenges, but the more I looked at it the more I realized it fit several out there.  First, it works for the current Sentimental Sundays challenge:  Friendship.  Second it fits the current Flourishes challenge:  flowers.  And third, I used the current Mojo Monday sketch for the card. 




I started out by coloring the image from JustRite Stampers (My Garden set) with the following Copic makers:  RV93, RV32, RV34, Y21 & Y17.  I then diecut the image using a plain large Spellbinders circle die.  I stamped the border and diecut it using another plain large Spellbinders circle die and layered the two.  The color story was dictated by the Copic markers.   After looking at the colored image for a bit I pulled out some PTI Lavendar Moon cardstock and saw it was a perfect match.  I followed the sketch pretty closely.

Thanks for taking a peek...  thanks for your friendship!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI Lavendar Moon; SU! black; Xpress Blend-It white; PP:  PTI Bitty Dot Basics Lavendar Moon; Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black; Stamps:  JustRite Stampers My Garden Centers & Borders; Ribbon:  PTI Lavendar Moon; Button:  DeNami Design; Twine:  PTI; Spellbinders Plain Large Circle dies; Cuttlebug; Copic Markers

12 comments:

Barb said...

Thank you for yours too, Rosie! It's wonderful having virtual friends all over the world, isn't it?! It would be so cool if we could all meet one day! Imagine THAT stamping party! :) Love your beautiful card! Sketches are tough for me and this one would really scare me! I admire how easy you make it look to follow them! Nicely done!

velta said...

Hello my friend ~ This is beautiful...I love the colors, but the design is my favorite...I can tell a lot of thought went into this creation and I hope whom ever you give this to will appreciate it as much as I do...Thank you Rosie for your comments this past year...It has meant a lot to me. Further...you have given me inspiration with your creations and I thank you for that as well...Happy New Year my friend...I look forward to more of our posts :)

Elise said...

THIS is so classic and positively GORGEOUS! I love that sketch and how you've made it YOURS with this brilliant card. Gosh, Rosie - you're SO talented! The color work, that great STAMP!!! Everything is brilliant! I agree with you on the concept of "friends we haven't met...." 'Cept, that I still don't think of you in that category. I think of you in the same way I first laid eyes on my kids - it was like "there YOU are!" When the day comes, it will just be icing on our darling cake! I can't wait!

Thanks for the beauty and divine inspiration!!!

Jess said...

You know, I think you'll have to start showing close-ups of your work Rosie - I want to see more!
I think this is fantastic and a lovely clean and simple card (my fave type!)

Incidentally, thanks for playing along with us at Sentimental Sundays this week!! :)

Brenda said...

Love the pink with black Rosemary! And I adore that sketch! Lovely card!

Nat said...

Hi Rosemary, love these layers of pink and the black ties everything together so well on this soft and sweet beauty! :)

Tiffany Ervin said...

Love that beautifully soft mauve color! Great take on the sketch Rosemary!!

Isha Gupta said...

Gorgeous card Rosemary. Love the softness of colors too.

stampingandstitching said...

I really appreciate your friendship too, Rosemary:)Your card is gorgeous! Wonderful colouring and I love the colours you have used!

Cheryl said...

Beautiful! I love the soft colors you used.

Thank you for joining our “Celebrate Friendship” challenge at Sentimental Sundays . We hope to see you again this week.

~Cheryl~

mrsk06 said...

Totally gorgeous!! Thanks for playing along with Sentimental Sunday's Friendship Challenge! Hugz Sal xx

Tracy Valure said...

I love it. I love how clean, non-cluttered it looks! So pretty! Thanks for playing with us at Sentimental Sundays.
Tracy V