"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, January 27, 2011

I {heart} ColourQ!

I really do!  If you haven't tried ColourQ you really should.  Week after week Arielle finds amazing inspiration photos from which she pulls her color combinations.  One of my favorite things to do on Tuesday morning is click on to the ColourQ blog to see what the new combo will be and to be amazed by what Arielle and the design team have done with the colors.  I am never disappointed!   And much to my glee Arielle has picked me twice to be colourQueen!!   Thank you, Arielle!



This week's combo is gorgeous, but a little tricky for me.  I fell back on a sketch that I used last week for a card I made for the current DeNami Design challenge to help me out.  The stamps are from Memory Box (the wreath) and Hero Arts (the sentiment).  I stamped the wreath using Rich Razzleberry and added little berries using a Memento Potter's Clay marker.  The kraft card base was stamped with CHF's Climbing Vines backgrounder using VersaMark ink.  I did a bit of distressing and finished the card with some of PTI's Terracotta Tile double stitched ribbon.

Thanks for taking a peek...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  Stampin Up! kraft, peach parfait, rich razzleberry; PTI vintage cream; Stamps:  Memory Box bramble wreath; Hero Arts Congrats clear set; Ink:  SU! Rich Razzleberry; Close to My Heart Autumn Terracotta; Memento Potter's Clay; PTI Terracotta Tile double stitched ribbon; Fiskars corner rounder

11 comments:

Sylvia said...

Another beautiful card, Rosemary! Love that wreath! thanks again for playing with us at the ColourQ.

Brenda said...

What a gorgeous card Rosemary and I love your bow! I have never checked out Colour Q but maybe I'll go take a visit.

Christina said...

That wreath looks fantastic in Razzleberry! I love the matching vines on the background, too. Lovely job again this week, Rosemary! Thanks for joining us!

Lin said...

I love color challenges - thanks, Rosemary, for the link. And your card is lovely! Wonderful colors!

velta said...

I don't know what happened....but my comment did not show...love this one girl :)

Barb said...

Awesome colors! Wonderful take, Rosie!

stampingandstitching said...

Wow looks like someone is ready for Valentine's Day - love all the hearts on your bg!! Your card is so beautiful and you really did a brill job on putting those colours together! Beautiful soft stamping and I love the bow!

Anita Scroggins said...

Great use of the colors! thanks for playing along.

Elise said...

WOW! Rosie! YOUR flawless use of these colors has me positively giddy! I love this combo and how you showed it OFF!

The blog looks SO festive, btw! Love you, dear!

LeAnne said...

What a great way to use this image and the CTD colors together! AND the bow is fabulous! Thanks for playing with us at the CQC this week!

Unknown said...

Hi Rosemary! I love your card, you blended he colors beautifully. I'm particularly fond of that jaunty bow;) Thanks so much for playing with us at colourQ this week!