"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Monday, January 10, 2011

Etsy Inspired... Amour

This card is for the current Etsy Inspired challenge.  The Etsy store we are to take our inspiration from is La Pomme.  When I clicked on the link my eyes were immediately drawn to the packets of old french music sheets.  The perfect inspiration for me to use my new Hero Arts cling set Musical Clef.   I stamped the card base (PTI's Soft Stone) with Ranger's Weather Wood distress ink after first stamping it off on some scrap paper.  I inked the edges with Old Page distress ink to give it that aged look.  I used my ODBD tag die to make the tag and stamped it with Weather Wood using the same technique that I used on the card base.  The tag was aged with Old Page ink, as well.  The clef was stamped on Soft Stone with True Black ink, trimmed out and the edges inked with Old Page, as well.  The word "Amour" was stamped on the bottom of the tag with True Black ink.  A bit of PTI's True Black satin ribbon was looped through the top of the tag to finish things off.



Thanks for taking a peek....

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI Soft Stone; Stamps:  Hero Arts Musical Background, Musical Clef & Paris; Inks:  PTI True Black, Ranger Weather Wood & Old Page; PTI True Black Satin ribbon

12 comments:

Brenda said...

Ooh la la Rosemary! C'est tres chic! Yes, that's the French in me coming out! Love how you put this card together with all the different inks!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Stunning card!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Oh, that musical clef really looks fabulous! I love it!

Barb said...

What a beautiful take on the French music sheets! Love it, Rosie!

de said...

This is so gorgeous! Perfect for our shop this week!

Thanks for playing EtsyInspired this week!

Elise said...

THIS CARD is making me SINGGGGGGGG! Oh, I love it so! Such excellent use of that juicy inspiration! YOU are the girl with the fabbiest use of materials, girly! I love your creative energy! Yipeeee!

Angi Barrs said...

Wow this is gorgeous Rosemary. Beautiful inspired design. Thanks for playing with us at Etsy Inspired. :)

Nat said...

I am so in love with the colour on your design! I thought it may have been weathered wood, totally gorgeous card!! :)

stampingandstitching said...

Rosemary, I loved your card when I saw it in the pool and now that I see your inspiration piece - brilliant! Your design is gorgeous and I love all the beautiful layers and distressing!

Diana said...

Love the music theme! BRAVO! Thanks for visiting me!

Virginia L. said...

LOVE your take, Rosemary! Thanks for playing with us at Etsy Inspired Challenge!

Ruby said...

A lovely card, so simple but so elegant too! Thanks for playing along with us at the EIC this week!