"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, January 7, 2011

ColourQ + 2 Sketches By Lucy

Two cards today.  Both cards use sketches provided by Lucy this week during her New Year Sketch Challenge.  The first card I made using the sketch from day 4 of Lucy's challenge and the colors from the current ColourQ challenge:  black, delightful daffodil, so saffron, soft sky & white.  


The second card uses the sketch from day 3 of Lucy's challenge.  I'm going to try to get cards done for days 5, 6 and 7 of Lucy's challenge.  I have really enjoyed her sketches.  They are right up my alley:  clean and simple.   But because they are so very versatile you can "beef" them up with additional layers, etc. if you want.  



When I made card #2 I made the mistake of stamping the frame in the brown ink and the sentiment in yellow ink.  I should have done it the other way around, thus making the sentiment easier to see.   Live and learn!  Stamps are from Stampin Up! and My Favorite Things.

Thanks for taking a peek....

8 comments:

Barb said...

Both beautiful, Rosie! Love that frame on your second card! It looks just fine to me the way it is. Sometimes it's fun to have a lighter shade for the sentiment.

Brenda said...

I love both your cards Rosemarie! Those sketches Lucy provided were great. I totally messed up on No.7 though, but I've posted it anyway. (I struggle to stick to any routine, and 7 days in a row of sketches to follow was maybe too much for me - I'm just weird!). Thank goodness though that you are not weird and your cards are superb! I especially love the colours you used, stunning!

Elise said...

These are BOTH, positively radiant, Rosebud! Your use of color and fabulous stamp choices - FABULOUS! I'm with Barb, I think the card looks fine! But my instinct is always with maximum impact! Since my eyes seem to be straining more, I just assume every one else's are, too. {!} Either way, they are both, LOVELY, m'dear! You had some fun, today! Yipeeeeee!

Sylvia said...

Lovely cards, Rosemary! I love you card for the ColourQ. Thanks for playing again with us this week!

Michelle said...

Gorgeous cards, Rosie! You rocked these sketches!!! I love the first card...the black scallop trim looks fab against that pretty blue!!! Such pretty yellow paper!

Arielle H Gordon said...

Gorgeous cards Rosemsry!!! Love the C&S! Thank you so much for playing with us at the colourQ this week!

LeAnne said...

Both cards are beautiful---I do like the first one the best! I have never heard of Lucy's challenges, but you've piqued my interest! Thanks for playing with us at the CQC this week!

stampingandstitching said...

These are both gorgeous, Rosemary! Wonderful take on Lucy's sketches!