"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, January 21, 2011

Its A DeNami Kinda Day...

Two card today that I made using stamps from DeNami Design.  The first card is for the current Sentimental Sundays challenge "winter" or more specifically what winter is like in your part of the world.  Well in my part of the world, the Pacific Northwest, winter means rain!   Occasionally we have snow in the lowlands, but not very often.   So, for my card I got out my super cute DeNami stamp Mimi in the Rain.  I stamped her in Memento Tuxedo Black and then colored her with some Copic Markers (RV00, RV02, Y21, G21, E21 & E37).    My intention had been to use Mimi for the current DeNami sketch challenge, but unfortunately that didn't work out.   The sentiment was computered generated.



So.... darn!  I had to make a second card!  This one for the sketch.  I used one of my favorite DeNami stamps "Leafy Vine Wreath".  I stamped it in Memento Pear Tart and added a bit of color with YG00.  I combined the image with PTI's Simply Chartruse patterned paper and ribbon and kraft cardstock.  A bit of bling was added, as well.   Overall I like how the card turned out.

Both cards are a little breath of spring, I think!   Something we could all use right now!

Thanks for taking a peek....

Supplies:  Mimi card:  Cardstock:  Stampin Up! Pink Pirouette & So Saffron; X-press It Blending paper;  SU! patterned paper; Copic Markers; Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black; Buttons

Leafy Vine Wreath card:  Cardstock:  PTI White & Kraft; PTI Simply Chartruse Bitty Dot Basic; Simply Chartruse double stitched ribbon; KaiserCraft bling; Fiskars corner rounders

16 comments:

Brenda said...

I adore both your cards! Love the colours you chose and that first De Nami stamp is too adorable!

Barb said...

Your first card is so cute, Rosie! Love the image and added buttons! I adore the second one! The green looks so pretty against the kraft! Fabulous take on that sketch!

Unknown said...

You had a successful DeNami day for sure! Perfect sentiment with the mimi. I absolutely love the color combo on the wreath one though... you tied everything together so nicely! Great job with the sketch challenge.

Michele Gross said...

2 wonderful cards :) Fabulous job with Mimi. Our winter in the Denver area is supposed to be fairly snowy but so far its tons of sunshine and just little bits of the white stuff ;) Love your sketch challenge take! Wonderful fresh look and the little bit of bling is fab! Glad you joined us at The DeNami Sketch challenge :D

Michelle said...

Both cards are great...but I love the wreath!!!!

Tenia Nelson said...

awesome cards dearie!!!!

Paulina said...

Rosemary, both of these cards are beautiful! Mimi in the Rain is one of my favorites, so I always LOVE seeing her used. But then again....it's fun to see the Leafy Vine Wreath used too, especially since it's so versatile. :)

So glad you were able to join us twice in the first DeNami challenge of the year!

Linda aka Oz said...

oh you silly girl, forcing yourself to make 2 cards like that...hehe. Your work looks fabulous.
Your site is welcoming and so pretty. Your ever growing list of publications is to "die for!!"
love ya Rosemary, Oz

Nancy said...

Your cards sure are a "breath of spring," Rosemary. I love the soft colors!

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Both cards are stunning Rosemary - love the Spring-like colour combinations - how lovely to escape from all that snow at last!! Thank you so much for joining us at Sentimental Sundays this week - hope to see you again. Hugs, Sylvia xxx

B said...

Fabulous cards! They're both lovely!

Lisa Petrella said...

GORGEOUS cards, Rosemary!! Mimi in the Rain is one of my all-time faves! I LOVE the soft color palette you chose for the first card and the touches of bling on the Leafy Vine Wreath in the second card!!! Thanks for joining us in the DeNami Sketch Challenge!!!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Gorgeous card! Love it!!!

Elise said...

Oh "darn!" MORE FOR USSSSS! Yipeeeeeeee & YEEEE HAW! These cards - the two-o-dem... are DELIGHTFUL! You are tapped into the BEST craftiness vein! I'm smitten with your blazing talent and joyful posts - thanks for giving me some giddy-up, dear one!

Andrea M said...

Oh Rosemary! These cards are gorgeous!!! Yes indeedy!!! Love Mimi in the rain - it makes my heart go pitter pat! Wow! Thanks so much for joining us at DeNami Design for our sketch challenge!!!

Laurie said...

Oh my goodness! I so love both cards! Absolutley gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with the sketch!