"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Follow Your Dreams....

Hey there!  In my quest to use my PTI stamps more frequently I watched this week's Make It Monday video and tried my hand at making a frame larger using a smaller frame from one of PTI's Fillable Frames set.  For my card I used Fillable Frames #3.   The color combo is from the current CR84FN challenge to use yellow, kraft & grey.  You don't have to ask me twice to make something using kraft!!



Anyway... after watching Dawn's video I decided to try making my frame a little bit differently from the way Dawn made her frame.  I inked up the stamp and then carefully wiped the ink off one long side of the stamp.  I then stamped the partial frame on my cardstock.   I repeated the process taking care to make sure that I lined the stamp up fairly closely.  I was thrilled to see that the first time I tried the frame it worked perfectly!  I then die cut the flowers using the In Bloom dies, stamped the flowers using London Fog ink and colored the flowers using Copic markers (Y11, Y13 & Y15).  The leaves were stamped using London Fog and colored using Tonal Grey 1 & Tonal Grey 2 Copic markers.   The background piece was created using the Quatrefoil die.  A 5.5" x 4.25" piece of Lemon Tart cardstock was placed in the die, an embossing  mat placed on top and then I ran it through my Big Shot.  After embossing I trimmed the piece down to fit the card base.   After I got done placing the flowers I realized that I did cover up alot of the frame I created, but I think there is enough showing to give you the idea of what I did.  

Thanks for stopping by....

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI; Stamps:  PTI, Ink:  Memento London Fog & Stampin Up! Crumb Cake; Copic Markers; PTI Quatrefoil die & In Bloom dies

28 comments:

Canonbury creations said...

Gorgeous card Rosie, I love the way you leave a white border around your stamps they look so professional, like diecuts! Love the colour combo:)
Val x

Unknown said...

Very nice choice in fillable frame for the challenge. Well done!

Lisa Lara said...

Oh so beautiful Rosi. Love that yellow. Love how you framed that sentiment.

Lin said...

Beautiful card, Rosemary.....I struggled with these colors, but you make it look effortless!

Scrumplescrunch said...

This is a beautiful colour Palette Rosie, the embossed Bg is wonderful, as is your centre element.
Smiles:)

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a pretty card Rosemary! That embossed background looks amazing and those flowers are so beautiful! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Tenia Nelson said...

So so pretty dearie!!!

~amy~ said...

such a wonderful take on the color challenge...lovely card!

Barb said...

Love the embossed background and pretty colors, Rosie! Great job on the frame!

Brenda said...

This is so beautifully done Rosemary! I love those three colors together!

Pauline said...

Simply beautiful Rosemary, I love those flowers.

craftieodmae said...

over the top of gorgeousness!

Deborah Frings said...

Such a bright, fresh look to your card. I do like the embossed background and the flowers are stunning! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

Jenny said...

I need to check that MIM video out...looks like a super technique!
Your frame looks so neat and the style matches the quartefoil embossing, a beautiful card Rosemary:0)
Jenny x

Lisa Elton said...

Lovely card, the gray leaves are so pretty along side the gorgeous blooms!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Oh, so pretty! Great job with the technique and the colors!

Michelle said...

beautiful embossing, looks so nice on yellow cs! lovely card, Rosemary!

LEG Studios said...

Love this card - it is perfect in every way!

Suzanne Russell said...

The result of the combined challenges is a beautiful card! I love the colors as well as your take on the MIM frame. Great job.

Tracey McNeely said...

Gorgeous card and your embossing is amazing!

Kathy V. said...

How absolutely charming. Love your creative frame, and the colors are gorgeous. Do you mind if I Pin this for future CASEing? (By the way, I see we're practically neighbors! I'm just south of Tacoma. So "hi" neighbor!)

Heather Rogers said...

Wow Rosemary. The embossed background and pretty flowers are stunning. Thanks for playing at CR84FN. :)

Greta said...

Oops--missed this post--love your card! I haven't gotten to the video yet, but this really makes me want to!

Susie W. said...

Wow, your card is SO pretty! I just purchased the Rosie Posie set and can hardly wait to use it.

Nicky Hsu said...

Beautiful card. Genius way to stretch the frame stamp.

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the embossed background and the FAB flowers! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Audrey Pettit said...

Was just checking out the Make it Monday tutorial and gallery, and your card jumped out at me! It is absolutely beautiful! :)

Tigriswillreign said...

I love this! You really nailed that "large border" challenge!