"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Friend....

For my ODBD Shining the Light card please click here.

Hey there!!!  Back with my card for this week's Less is More.  The challenge this week is to use die cuts and/or punches.   The card I'm posting I actually made last night not knowing what the LIM challenge would be and that my card would be a perfect fit for the challenge!!  Who knows... maybe I'm just a little bit psychic, ha ha!!  



Anyway, the colors I used for the card are from this week's ColourQ challenge to use red, turquoise (or the SU! color cool caribbean), pink, cream and white... which should explain why the card base is cream and the main panel is white.  Anyway... I punched out the partial circles on the white panel and then positioned it on the card base where I needed it to be so I could stamp the sentiment.  The butterflies are from the Hero Arts/Sizzix  stamp and die set Antique Flowers and Butterflies.  They were stamped using Pretty in Pink and Tempting Turquoise, die cut and then adhered as shown.  Some gems were added to the butterflies and beneath the sentiment to add a bit more interest.  

Thanks for stopping by....

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white & cream; Stamps:  Hero Arts; Ink:  SU! Real Red, Tempting Turquoise & Pretty in Pink; Dies:  Sizzix; Punches:  SU!; Bling:  Hero Arts & KaiserCraft

23 comments:

Chrissie said...

This is gorgeous Rosemary, it's uncanny how many times it happens that LIMettes pre-empt our challenges by making a card which fits the following week's challenge... spooky or what!
This is another stunner, I love the butterflies.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Marlena M. said...

Beautiful windows and butterflies, Rosemary! ;)

Gibmiss said...

Hi Rosie
Love your card I have those butterflies arn't they gorgeous
Hugs Sylvie xxx

Linby said...

Oh fantastic, really thinking outside the box here.
Linbyx

Nancy said...

Such a creative way to use punches, Rosemary! Beautiful design!

Scrumplescrunch said...

It is a beautiful clean card Rosie, and I could continue with my normal rant on superlatives like exceptional unsurpassed supremo that you are in this genre, but I don't want to embarrass you with my continued missive on this subject where you are concerned, so I will do the norm and say gorgeous card my friend, (this sounds so boring) may have to revert to my rants!
Smiles:)

Tenia Nelson said...

This card is gorgeous dearie!!!

Catherine said...

Fab card, love the way you have cut out the circles and the butterflies are gorgeous...

Canonbury creations said...

Love the butterflies alighting on the cut outs, brilliant layout Rosie!
Val x

Michelle said...

fabulous design! really love those butterflies and gems you added!

kingstonmama said...

This is beautiful, Rosemary! I love those butterflies and the circle cut-outs. A gorgeous design! ann

Jenny said...

How canny was that Rosemary, good job you didn't post it straight away!
I love the white on cream...I'd be afraid to do that but you've triumphed :0)
The subtle colour palette is pretty as is the bling :0)
Jenny x

Aileen said...

This looks great. I love the cut out circles for you butterflies to perch above. x

Scrapmate said...

Lovely card, the apertures are great.

Brenda said...

I totally love this design Rosemary! And those yummy butterflies!

Viv said...

How clever making the card the day before.....and it's fabulous of course too :) Viv xx

Jenni's Jems said...

This is a stunning card - love it ! x

Suze Bain said...

Hi Rosemary, love the cut outs on this card and that hero arts butterfly is one of my favourites. Love it. xx

Lisa Lara said...

Oh this is fun, beautiful, creative Rosi. Love it.

Mandi said...

Absolutely fantastic card Rosie
Thank you so much
mandi
"Less is More"

G Peplow said...

Beautiful card, I love the butterflies and cut outs, mmm lovely xx

Loli said...

Hola Rosigirl, very interesting design for this week Rosemary, clever idea, beautiful butterflies, good job Rosemary as every week.
A hug from Palma

Susan said...

Rosemary...gorgeous card! Don't you just love a cut out! I know I do!! Love the way you've put the sentiment inside the one cut out too...awesome card this week!