"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Seeing Red...

Hey there!!  No... I'm not mad... just the card I have to share was made for the current Catered Crop challenge:  Seeing Red!   When I saw the challenge I just had to give it a try... especially since the other day I got my new SU! Rose Red ink pad.  I had used it on another card and so it was still sitting out.  I grabbed my favorite SU! red, Cherry Cobbler, and the SU! hostess set "Simply Soft" and got to work.



Initially I had planned to use some Cherry Cobbler cardstock that I had run through the Big Shot in an embossing folder, but I fiddled around with it too much and kinda ruined it.  So... I went to a back up... some lovely patterned paper from the Scrap Cake 6x6 Cozy Xmas pad.  I love the Scrap Cake papers and CAN.NOT.WAIT. to get the two brand new 6x6 pads from the Scrap Cake.  I just ordered them from the Flying Unicorn and so should have them in my hot little hands really soon!  Anyway... back to my card!   I stamped the outline image in Cherry Cobbler and then the solid image using Rose Red.  The piece was inked with Old Paper Distress ink and then some Cherry Cobbler seam binding was tied around it.  The piece was matted with Rose Red cardstock that had been inked, as well.  I distressed the background paper with my distressing tool.  The layout for the card is from a fairly new sketch challenge blog, I Spy Sketches.  My card is a very straightforward interpretation of the sketch... nothing fancy, but I really like it.  

Thanks for stopping by....

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI cream; SU! Rose Red; PP:  Scrap Cake Cozy Xmax; Ink;  SU! Cherry Cobbler & Rose Red; Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding; SU! Scallop Border punch; Ranger Distress Ink

18 comments:

Barb said...

Gorgeous card, Rosie! Pretty layers, lovely paper and your bow is perfect!

Greta said...

Wowzer! Elegant, shabby chic, gorgeous card, Rosemary! Love it!

Scrumplescrunch said...

This card has a soft feel to it Rosie even though you have used the red palette which is normally rich and exciting you have erred towards a watered down look; it has pink tonal qualities but we still see it as red, and our reaction is different; it is not so hard on the eye. When red tones are deepened (like your Bow) to shades of Burgundy, they still maintain the inherent excitement of the 'Red' colour, but are more subdued. So the result is a
gracious and undemanding card.
It is gorgeous.
Smiles:)

Christyne said...

This is so beautiful, I love that rich red ribbon!! Thanks for playing along with us this week at iSpy!!

Susie said...

Beautiful card.

craftieodmae said...

absolutley gorgeous!!!!!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Your monochromatic cards never feel like one color to me Rosemary! You tuck in so many wonderful elements for the eye to feast on!

Michelle said...

Beautiful, Rosemary! You do red so well!

Kim Teasdale said...

Look at how lovely your card is! The red is gorgeous and the fact that you kept your card monochromatic really packs a punch! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at iSpy Sketches :D

Brenda said...

Oh Rosemary! That perfect way you make that bow! I love that red you used and the beautiful distressing of the paper edges! Gosh, I love your style!

Vickie Z said...

Love it!!! Cherry cobbler is a FAV red for me!!! Looks wonderful with rose red on those flowers!!! Thanks for playing along with us at I Spy!!!

laurie said...

Wow what a beautiful card!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A lovely card, love the mono look of it.

kingstonmama said...

Gorgeous card, Rosemary. Love that red! Your bow and the distressed edges make this so special. Ann Y.

Viv said...

I really ,like it too Rosie ! it seems we both have a red card to show today also lol. I have exciting news on my blog tomorrow btw. ( secret smile)....not baby news either :) Viv xx

Lisa Lara said...

Hi Rosi. I just love your distressing on this.

Kim Teasdale said...

Congratulations Rosemary! You are this week`s Top 2 Winner over at iSpy Sketches! :D

Linda McClain said...

Rosemary - Your card is just stunning. I'm so glad you shared it with us at Catered Crop.