"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, February 25, 2012

ODBDSLC98 - Out of the Box..

Hey there!!  Happy Saturday... time for another ODBD Shining the Light challenge!   This week the team is challenging you to get out of the box!   This means we want you to make a card or project that is not an A2, A6 or A7 rectangular or square card.   You can make a shaped card or a different fold (diamond, joy, easel, accordion, step, sidestep, etc.).   For my card today I made shaped card using some Spellbinders dies.

I had previously posted on here on the ol' bloggo a card I made using the Spellbinders Labels 21 dies.  That particular card is a CardMaker online bonus project.   I love the way that card turned out so I decided to use those dies to make this week's card.  The ODBD stamp set I used is The Mighty Sea.  The card based was made using the largest Label 21 die.  I used the same die to make the mat from patterned paper (My Mind's Eye Breeze).  I simply laid the die cutting side up on the paper and traced around the interior and then trimmed it out.  I stamped the image from The Mighty Sea on cream cardstock, die cut it using the 2nd largest dies, colored it with Copic makers and then added some distress ink (Old Paper on the lower half and Broken China and Stormy Sky on the upper half).   The sentiment was stamped on some patterned paper and then die cut using 2nd smallest die.  Then everything was layered as you see and a few gems added.


To make the challenge even more fun, we will be giving out a prize, a $15 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!! Entries for the prize must be submitted by Friday, March 2nd at 8 a.m. EST. One random winner will be chosen and announced next Saturday. If you are not using ODBD stamps, please do not enter more than once. Additional entries that are made without using ODBD stamps will not be commented on nor will they qualify for prizes. While it is not required to use Our Daily Bread Designs images and sentiments on your creations, we would love to see them if you have them. As a way of recognizing those who do use Our Daily Bread Designs stamps, we will again be choosing 1 to 2 creations to spotlight for our Shining the Light Award. In order to qualify for this award, however, you must use Our Daily Bread stamps and have your submission added to Mr. Linky by Friday, March 2nd at 8 a.m. EST. If you upload your creations to Splitcoast Stampers or any other online gallery, please use the keyword is ODBDSLC98. When creating your posts on blogs please include a link to the challenge.  


Thanks for stopping by... please take some time to check out the beautiful projects created by my fellow "sticks" LoriJan MarieJanDebi Kathy, and Sabrina! To join in the fun, please click here.


Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI Aqua Mist & Cream; PP:  My Mind's Eye Breeze; Spellbinders Labels 21 dies; Stamps:  ODBD; Ink:  Memento & Ranger; Copic Markers; Gems; 


21 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a beautiful scene card Rosemary!! I just love the shape, your coloring, and the colors you used with the added sentiment panel!! Gorgeous take on the Other than a square or rectangle challenge!! Have a great weekend!!
hugs,
Chris

Debi said...

Rosemary I love how you used the dies to make this fantastic card with its wonderfully unique shape.

Lin said...

Really lovely, Rosemary!

Cards By Jan said...

Wow Rosemary, I love this shape for your card!! Ingenious!! fits the scene perfectly, and what a beautiful scene too!! Wow hun; Hugs

irishgreensue said...

oh, Rosiegrl!! This knocked my socks off - LOVE how you used the Mighty Sea on this Spellbinder die!! Superb coloring on the image, for SURE! Even your tag "sings" with that great quote and the rhinestones edge!
A+ in my book! Hugs

Saints Rule! said...

So pretty Rosemary! Your card makes me feel like I am peeking through a keyhole to see a glorious scene on the other side of the door! Your coloring is real! Beautiful project! Have a great weekend!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Rosemary, girl, you sure know how to knock 'em out of the ball park!! Your card is amazing in every sense of the word! Love the shape, your colors are stunning and your coloring...WOW...perfect! You have outdone yourself! Have a blessed weekend! Hugs, Sabrina

Kathy said...

Beautiful card, Rosemary! What a unique shape to use for a card base, I never would have thought of that! Beautiful coloring! I love the sentiment shape and it's placement, it looks different, but it's the same die...how cool! Have a wonderful weekend! Blessings! Kathy

Scrumplescrunch said...

You used the right colours for this image Rosie, the shaped card is great but your image is stunning!
Smiles:)

Nancy said...

Your card is so beautiful, Rosemary! I love the shape and the gorgeous soothing colors. I can almost smell the ocean air!

Brenda said...

What a beautiful scene on a beautifully shaped card Rosemary!

Unknown said...

What a stunning shape to display this gorgeous scene!

Greta said...

Wow, wow, wow!! How do you keep coming up with something better than the last card?! This is just wonderful, my friend! I'm going to make a card this week--you've inspired me!

Michelle said...

love this Spellbinders labels die, it makes for a beautiful shaped card! love the serene scene!

Anonymous said...

OMW! This is fantastic! Wonderful shaped card, great colours and I love the scene.
x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Lovely shape and scene.
Haven't been blogging so missed some of your projects, had a look though and they are all beautiful

kingstonmama said...

Well, this is just beautiful. A gorgeous scene. Ann

Elizabeth Allan said...

Thank you for this "visit to the beach" Rosemary! Beautifully colored scene and the shape is fabulous!

Jenny said...

I loved this card shape the first time I saw it Rosemary and it perfectly fits the challenge. Great scene you stamped...love the seascape :0)
Jenny x

Becky said...

This is stunning! I just love the shape and the colors.

Sari Hänninen said...

wow! your card is just amazing... I love the shape of the spellbinders die :-)