"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Oh Scrap!!

For my ODBD Shining the Light card click here.

Hey There!!  Here with a card for this week's Less is More challenge.  This week Chrissie and Mandi are challenging us to make a card that uses up some of those scraps of cardstock and patterned paper that all crafters seem to accumulate.   Lucky for me, right now I happen to have a small pile of scraps sitting on my kitchen counter.  In a few days they may all be gone... thrown into the recycling bin.   I don't tend to keep scraps around for long because I just don't have the storage space for them.  



Anywhoo... for my card I used some scraps of paper from the My Mind's Eye Lost & Found 2 Blush collection.  I have fallen absolutely in love with all the new My Mind's Eye patterned paper... every single collection just gets more and more beautiful.   One of the scraps of paper had that little label like piece as part of the design, so I trimmed it out.  I had some other scraps that I was able to cut into strips to use in the design, as well.  My Mind'e Eye has also come out with stamp sets that coordinate with the paper lines and I happen to have the set that coordinates with the Blush collection.  So I used the butterfly image and another image that sort of looks like damask.  I inked up the damask image using SU!'s Regal Rose, stamped it off on some scrap paper and then stamped the design on my card base.  Then I did that a second time.  The butterfly was stamped on some patterned paper using Regal Rose and then trimmed out.  After I layered everything up as you see it, I stamped the sentiment (from Hero Arts) using Regal Rose.

Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white; PP:  My Mind's Eye; Stamps:  Hero Arts & My Mind's Eye; Ink:  SU!

37 comments:

Barb said...

Love this pretty design, Rosie! I can see why you love the paper - it's wonderful! :)

Greta said...

Wow--this is so gorgeous! You know just how to put images together--perfect!

Chrissie said...

I wish I had the strength of will to throw more stuff away than I do... what a good job you saved these scraps though... it's a stunning card.
Thanks so much Rosie.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Scrumplescrunch said...

Pink and White a beautiful combination, and always pleasing to the eye, just love the design Rosie.
Smiles:)

Glittertastic said...

A very classy card and those papers are gorgeous!

Loli said...

Hola Rosigirl, very elegant design and card, beautiful colours, fantastic work Rosemary.
A hug from Palma and have a nice week.

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Hi Rosie

What a gorgeous card very elegant feel I love it!

Tina

SallyB said...

Hello...
I wish I could throw things away...it's very liberating but I just find it so difficult! Your card is beautiful...I love butterflies and I love this bottom of the card layout...xxx

Monica said...

How elegant!!!

Monica xxx

Linby said...

Beautiful. This is one of those cards that makes me want to go and case it right now!
Linbyx

Mandi said...

Love the title!
Superb card, just gorgeous

Thank you so much
mandi
"Less is More"

craftieodmae said...

I love it!!!!! so clean yet I think its very classy!

Christine said...

I love your style of cardmaking Rosy! It's always nice to see how you make such a beauty's with a minimal of things!
Hug
Christine

Margaret said...

So pretty Rosemary
Margaret x

Nancy said...

Such a pretty design, Rosemary! Simple and elegant too!

Brenda said...

Use more scraps..use more scraps...because this is absolutely divine Rosemary! I wish I could think like you when it comes to designs! Love that stamped image peeking out behind that label piece!

Michelle said...

I'm amazed! this is gorgeous, Rosemary! When I grow up, I want to make cards just like you!
The papers are beautiful and I love the stamps!!!

Anonymous said...

Perfect and very beautiful Rosemary.
xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

SO beautiful

Victoria said...

Such a pretty card Rosemary. Love the label you cut out of the paper scap you had!
Hugs, Victoria ~x~

Suze Bain said...

Wow, beautiful card Rosemary. Love your layout. xx

Jen Nelson said...

simply beautiful x love the colour

jen xx

Lisa Lara said...

Beautifully CAS Rosi.

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Stunning card! Love the "off-the-page" element. Those paers are gorgeous.
Sharon xx

Susan said...

Rosie...your card is amazing! I LOVE MME paper...and you've done a masterful job creating this card with it!! I LOVE that stamped image behind the tag...that really "makes" the tag pop!!

kingstonmama said...

Oh, this is so lovely. I love the combination of colors, patterns, and stamps. It's sooo pretty. Ann

Eloise said...

I agree "My minds eye" is so pretty. One of my favorites. Your card is fablulous!

Jenny said...

Such a super card Rosemary, you make wonderful cards with scraps too! The papers are gorgeous.... I try not to visit craft shops in an attempt to stop myself buying even more PP... I have too much already!
Jenny x

Deborah Frings said...

Such an elegant card - love the image behind the butterfly!

Jenni's Jems said...

A really eyecatching and stunning card guess you can hear that I loveit Rosemary hee he x

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

Fabulous creation Rosemary, love everything about it

Ali x

Viv said...

Yet another fabbie creation Rosie, love it as always :) Viv xx

Squirrel said...

You're right, it's gorgeous. I'm loving pink and black at the moment - I blame Echo Park, but MME is a good contender!
Happy LIMing!
Rosey x

Aileen said...

Beautiful chic design. x

Judy1223 said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS! So lucky yo have such beautiful scraps sitting on your kitchen counter!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Congrats on being features! Awesome card - love the layout!!

Judy1223 said...

Eeek, Rosemary! Gorgeous! And, even more exciting...I HAVE these same papers in my scrap pile! (I can do this! Yay!) You have an amazing mind...I am in awe!!!