"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, February 12, 2012

I Cherish....

Hey there!!   Here with a card for the current Flourishes challenge.  I haven't done a Flourishes challenge is ages, but that is all going to change!  I'm determined to participate in the weekly Timeless Tuesday challenge on a more regular basis!  This week the challenge hostess is the super talented Maki Jones and she has challenged us to have a bird somewhere on your project.  The only Flourishes set I have that contains a bird image is "Humming Along" so I pulled it out and got to work.



The layout for the card is from this week's Sketchbook Saturday sketch.  I did have to tweak it a bit... moving the image from one side of the card to the other to accommodate the little hummingbird.   I wasn't too sure if the card was going to turn out the way I hoped it would and so I was pleasantly surprised that when I got it done that it did!! Yay!!!   The woodgrain image is from WPlus9Designs Woodgrain Silhouettes set.  I stamped it using Memento Angel Pink and then stamped the floral image on top using Tuxedo Black.  The image was colored with Copic markers (YG03, YG06, R81 & R83).  The bird was colored with W1, W3 & B00.  He was then trimmed out and some Old Paper Distress ink was applied.  I inked the edges of the main panel as well and then I adhered the little bird with pop dots.   The sentiment is from the Flourishes Gerbera Daisies set.    Because I used a friendship sentiment  and flowers on the card I will also be popping this into this week's Our Creative Corner challenge to make a card for a friend.

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white; SU! Gable Green; Stamps:  Flourishes & WPlus9Designs; Ink:  Memento Angel Pink & Tuxedo Black; Copic markers


13 comments:

Saints Rule! said...

I love hummingbirds! They are such happy birds! Can't wait to see their return this year! Beautifully done Rosemary!

Lori

Greta said...

Beautifully done, Rosemary! Love your coloring & having the green card is perfect! Off to finish mine & post it tonight.

Barb said...

Gorgeous card, Rosie! Love the softly colored flowers, and the hummingbird looks fabulous!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Rosie
I am beginning to grow an attachment to this wood grain stamp of yours as it is so versatile and we all like versatility do we not!
Your Humming bird is beautiful and the flowers have a subtleness, you have created movement but also a quiet softness to the card.
Thank you Rosie for entering this card in OCC it is a wonderful friendship card, we appreciate your support.
Smiles:)

kingstonmama said...

This is just lovely, Rosemary. Your hummingbird and flowers are beautiful. Love it. Ann

craftieodmae said...

this is absolultey gorgeous, love the humming bird!

joy said...

Simply gorgeous card, Rosie! I love hummingbirds. The woodgrain is a nice backdrop!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

SO pretty Rosie and I can see the "stripes" again, love the bird too

Jenny said...

I love how you colour the beautiful flourishes flowers Rosemary and the hummingbird looks so real too :0)
Jenny x

Unknown said...

Rosemary, this is pretty! Your coloring is so beautiful. Thank you for playing along at the FTTC.

Elizabeth Allan said...

The hummingbird takes flight popped up on the card Rosemary... Beautiful!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Wow, Rosemary! I really like that woodgrain detail and the popped up hummingbird. SO much gorgeous detail! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner! :)

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Awe Rosie, the hummingbird looks like it's about to fly off the card! Gorgeous colouring too :)