"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

you're the best...

Hey there!!!   For I guess about a year now PTI has been posting a different techinque/idea video on Mondays for their Make It Monday series.  I have never actually watched a Make it Monday video, but decided to watch Ashley Cannon Newell's video tutorial on how to glitter up buttons.   The first way she showed involved using spray adhesive and since I do all my crafting at my kitchen counter I didn't think spray adhesive was a good idea.  The she glittered up some buttons using Stickles and I was like "duh... I can do that one!"  So, I did.   And it took FOREVER for the Stickles to dry!



Anyway, I used the PTI set Blooming Button Bits, along with some of my remaining sheets of Bitty Dot Basics in Aqua Mist & Sweet Blush.  I'm also putting this card into this week's Shabby Tea Room challenge since my super talented in real life friend, Cindy, is the challenge hostess this week.   Cindy is asking us to use colors from the beautiful inspiration photo as well as a doily on our project.   I enjoyed playing along with this week's Make It Monday and so I think I will have to participate in more of them in the future.

Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  All supplies are PTI except the Diamond Stickes, Doily Die, ink & border punch.  Die is from Cheery Lynn & the in and punch from Stampin Up!

22 comments:

Saints Rule! said...

Uber pretty! Loving those colors!
:-)

Martha said...

Hi, Rosemary!
I was just looking through the PTI-Make-it-Monday entries and noticed your beautiful creation. You have a wonderful way of combining elements and making it so appealing to the eye. The colors are so pretty! Love it all!

I love Papertrey Ink products, and I try to enter their Make-it-Mondays whenever I can.


-Martha

Cindy Holshouser said...

Rosemary this is beautiful. Those glittery buttons really make the card. I also love the itty bitty pink pin! Thanks for continuing to play along at the Shabby Tea Room!

Cards By Jan said...

Wow Lori, Very Pretty, I love the aqua doily and ribbon!! hugs

Anita Rex said...

This is beautiful! Love your take on the inspiration and the glitter buttons! :>

Scrumplescrunch said...

Pink and Turquoise is a beautiful combination and I just love your design on this card Rosie. By adding the ribbon and Bow the way you have just takes the card up a notch!
Smiles:)

Greta said...

It's just not fair--everything you make is wonderful, Rosemary! I love knowing I can always find inspiration looking at your cards. I adore the colors you used & the design & everything! I haven't made my MIM card, yet, but I'm determined to get one done--just wish it'd be 1/2 this good!

Tracey McNeely said...

Excellent card, colours and inspiration. Fabulous.

Michelle said...

oh so pretty, Rosemary! love the glitter stickles on the buttons!

craftieodmae said...

so so gorgoeus!!! You really got it going on girl!

LEG Studios said...

What a perfectly put-together card. Just beautiful!

CRDNKR said...

That is a beautiful card. I love the colors. Is the doily a die?

Elizabeth Allan said...

Your color photo inspiration cards are the best. Not only how you pick up on the color scheme, but the accent details you add as well!

Marybeth said...

Rosemary this is such an elegant beautiful card. Love the pink and the buttons are perfect flowers. Nice work!

Jenny said...

I love these gorgeous soft colours together Rosemary and the sparkly buttons are awesome....great job!
Jenny x

missy said...

beautiful! Ilove the colors you chose!

Nancy said...

You did a GREAT job with those glitter buttons, Rosemary! Such a lovely card!

kingstonmama said...

Oh, this is pretty, Rosemary. The colors are lovely and the buttons look fabulous. Ann

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

This is so pretty! Love the colors that inspired you to create this beauty!

jacirascrap said...

Que delicadeza...muito lindo...

Brenda said...

Just beautiful Rosemary! Those buttons turned out great!

purple_pea_fran said...

Beautifully soft and pretty. Love the sparkly button flowers.Thanks for joining us in The Shabby Tearoom this week!