"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Monday, February 13, 2012

Sharing Some Publication Work...

Hey there!!   After I saw the current JUGs challenge to use buttons on your project my thoughts turned to three  sweet little cards that are currently to be found in the March/April issue of CardMaker and I decided to share them with here on the ole' bloggo.




 The cards were made using the following sets:  Waltzingmouse Frame It and the PaperTrey Ink mini set Whale  Wishes.  Each little card required me to glue 16 buttons inside the frame and then adhere the little whales on top.  When I initially decided to make this particular card to submit I was only going to do it in one color, but then I thought why not make a boy version, girl version and gender neutral version.  I submitted all three never thinking that they would accept all of them.  I honestly thought they would only take one!!  So I was extremely surprised, but pleased when all three were accepted for publication.



This Easter card was also accepted for publication in the March/April issue, but ended up as an online bonus project.   The stamps are from Stampin Up! and the entire card is made using the Spellbinders Lablels 21 dies.  I really love how it turned out.   I must admit, though, that I was a little bit sad that it didn't make it into the actual magazine.

Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white, spring rain, lemon tart & sweet blush; Stamps:  SU!, Waltzingmouse & PTI; Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Summer Sky & Angel Pink; SU! So Saffron; Spellbinders:  Labels 21 dies; PTI whale die; PTI Buttons; Rhinestones:  Hero Arts; Copic Markers

19 comments:

Nancy said...

Congratulations, Rosemary! I adore the sweet whale wishes! Each one is so precious! Your Eater card is so beautiful too! i love your work and so happy for your recognition! I think you are so talented and creative!

Lin said...

Congratulations, Rosemary! LOVE those button cards!!

Scrumplescrunch said...

You must have been thrilled to have your work acknowledged Rosie, even though the Easter one did not make it, many congratulations. I have always expounded on how true your cards are, in form and composition that is why they look so stunning, you deserve all the commendations that people liberally bestow on you and your work.
I sometimes think that when people see CAS cards they believe they are easy to make, hence the word 'SIMPLE' oh... how easily beguiled are they and such fools!
It is masters like yourself that enchant us into this fools paradise by temptation, making cards that are one layered or just one stamp or one element and white space to burn.... it is a trick but we are sucked in, only to realise very quickly when we try to make such a card that we cannot do it!!!!!!
Your cards are always a joy to see Rosie.
Smiles:)

Barb said...

Oh, that button card set is darling, Rosie, and wow - gorgeous Easter card! Congrats on the pubs!

Jenny said...

How adorable Rosemary, I love the button bkgds...not surprised they made it to the magazine :0)
Beautiful shaped card too....good to see daffodils appearing on cards now :0)
Jenny x

walchowDesign said...

Congrats, Rosemary! Love all set of button cards - they are all so tweet!

Lisa Lara said...

Whoa Nellie Rosi. The buttons as a bg?! Genius. Love those. Great cards shape and flowers on the second.

craftieodmae said...

love em all, those button cards are priceless!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Of course they accepted them, they are gorgeous, as for the disappointment, I shouldn't be, I expect more people will see it and be chuffed with the result.

kingstonmama said...

Congrats on your publications. These are all fabulous cards. Love the button backgrounds behind the whales. so sweet! Ann Y.

joy said...

Congrats, Rosie! I love these little button cards and I did notice them in Cardmaker too. Along with the many I have seen in Just Cards from you. Your cards are always of high quality and very pretty. Keep 'em coming!!!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Congratulations Rosemary! It is easy to see why these cards were snapped up for publication - they are fabulous!

Lisa Lara said...

I forgot to say big time congratulations Rosi. whoo hoo.

Greta said...

Your cards are the best in that magazine! Such clever baby cards & the Easter card is just gorgeous--I think it should have been in the printed copy. Congrats!

Cards By Jan said...

Oh wow...Rosemarie, this is out of the box GORGEOUS!! WOW!! I love all your elements!! hugs

Cindy Holshouser said...

Those little whale cards are so adorable. They'd make a great shower gift. Sweet!

Michelle said...

Congrats, Rosemary! Those whale cards are so stinkin cute! Love the beautiful easter card, too!

Brenda said...

Double congrats to you my friend! How awesome! I totally love your cute baby cards! But your second one is simply stunning!

Viv said...

Many congrats Rosie and they should have chosen that lovely yellow card too...shame on them :) Viv xx