"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, February 4, 2012

You Must Allow Me....

Hey there!!   I'm back with my card for this week's Less is More challenge, as well as this week's CAS-ual Fridays challenge.   This week Less is More is officially one year old!!!  Congrats Chrissie and Mandi for bring us amazing challenges week after week, as well as providing us with fabulous inspiration!!  Ladies you ROCK!!   The Less is More challenge take us back to where it all started, a color challenge, and the color this time is aqua.   Now, the challenge over at CAS-ual Fridays is to make a card inspired by your favorite movie.  Well... my all time favorite movie is the A&E version of Pride & Prejudice.  Absolutely love, love, love that movie!!    And thanks to PaperTrey Ink I now have the perfect stamp set to make my Pride & Prejudice inspired card.



In January, PTI release a set called Simply Jane, as well as matching dies. This set was inspired by Jane Austen.  For my card I used the Quatrefoil die (as it was intended to be used) and die cut a piece of Aqua Mist cardstock.  This was adhered to the front of a white cardstock base.  I then die cut the oval using the Simply Jane oval die and stamped the beautiful filigree-like frame on it using SU!'s Pool Party (an almost dead ringer for Aqua Mist).  I then stamped the sentiment on a piece of white cardstock using black ink, trimmed the ends as you see and then folded it.  The little bouquet image was die cut and then stamped with the corresponding stamps.  I love how ease it is to stamp  the PTI images on the die cut piece.  Every thing was layered up as you see it.  To be honest, I'm not entirely sure I like the little bouquet where I placed it, but that's okay.    Once, again, I have created a card that doesn't have a lot of white space, but hopefully Chrissie and Mandi will give me a pass!!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white & aqua mist; Stamps:  PTI Simply Jane; Ink:  SU! Pool Party, Memento Tuxedo Black; PTI Simply Jane dies & Quatrefoil die; Diamond Stickles



38 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

So so pretty!!!

Judy1223 said...

Oh, my, this is so lovely! What a delicate die cut, and I love the sentiment. Just beautiful!

Saints Rule! said...

Oooohhhh!!!! So pretty Rosemary!

Unknown said...

Lovely card! Very elegant! Glad to find another blogger/crafter in the SeaTac area :)

Karen M said...

Your card is just gorgeous, I really love it, hugs x x

Mynn xx said...

OHMYGOSHINEEDTHATSTAMPSET!!! I've been coveting it to make vintage cards--but this is AMAZING and not too vintage. SO gorgeous--wonderful!!! :)

Michele Gross said...

Quite stunning and one of my favorite movies as well :) Glad you played with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello0 Rosie
Your card is just stunning!!!
And I like where you have placed the bouquet.
Smiles:)

Cards By Jan said...

Very pretty Rosemary, I love y6our colours and the die cut, does it ever add to a card, just the perfect touch! hugs

Chrissie said...

I guess if we add up all the bits of white space, there'll be plenty... it's just not all together on one bunch!
What it IS is beautiful!
The colour is gorgeous and your Jane Austen inspired card is stunning! Clever sentiment panel too!
Fab work yet again Rosemary... and thanks for your kind words about our challenge!
Thank you so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Jen Nelson said...

love it... if i get round to doing a pti haul over the uk that die will be on it...

jen xx

Linby said...

So beautiful, you know I love your work, but I think I would have left off the flower too.
Linbyx

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

simply stunning, love everything about this card.....pinned :O)

ali x

Suzilou said...

Oh WOW this is just gorgeous, what a fab background, love it :)

Elise Jardine said...

Fantastic card, and one of my favourite movies xxx

Beryl K said...

Stunning card. i love those die cuts Beryl x

Deb said...

This is beautiful! Love your use of your dies to layer this card. Gorgeous!

Unknown said...

what a lovely card and a neat cutting. This card is my favoriet.

Margreet

lainey said...

stunning card, love that quote!! lainey x

Mandi said...

Hi rosemary, well you know we prefer plain white space but your card is superb and yes you can have a pass lol
Thank you for those lovely words about LIM
Thanks so much
mandi
"Less is More"

Bea said...

great card - really like that die.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Gorgeous! Love the blue and white and the pretty images and dies. :o)

Jenny said...

Love the quatrefoil die, such an elegant look, perfect for the era of the movie too :0)
A really pretty card Rosemary.
Jenny x

Lynne said...

Absolutely stunning Rosemary, love that die and the aqua against the white is beautiful.
Lynne xxx

Carole Campanile said...

Wow Rosemary. What a fabulous card. I love the dies (and will be running over to PTI shortly) and how elegant they look all together. I love P&P as well and that sentiment is so lovely on a Valentine or anniversary card.

Simply lovely card Rosemary. TFS

Carole

Brenda said...

Love the look of that Quatrefoil die, stunning!

Michelle said...

i've been dying to get my hands on that pti die! I must have it! gorgeous card...love the colors, too!

~amy~ said...

simply stunning!

Dana said...

Drop dead gorgeous! So, so pretty with that die cut BG and the sentiment tag. Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week :)

Emilie said...

This is a gorgeous card! I love the cut aqua card in the background and the stamps are terrific!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Rosemary it has been a while since I have seen you, thank you for the comment on my card, it's much appreciated.

This card is so beautiful, love the die cut and EVERYTHING else. lovely quote too.
I've had a look through at what I've missed and it is a LOT! so I don't miss too much in the future I have become a follower, don't know why I hadn't before :)

kingstonmama said...

Gorgeous card, Rosemary. Ann

Susan said...

Rosemary...all I can say is WOW!! I soooooooo need that die!!! It makes a gorgeous card...and that frame...beautiful!!!

G Peplow said...

Simply fabulous Rosemary, I love the lattice and the frame and the sentiment is just magic, darn it! I love it all, Gay xxx

Canonbury creations said...

What a wonderful stamp set and matching dies Rosie, I've not seen them before and you have made a fabulous card with them!
Val x

Viv said...

Another gorgeous creation Rosie, how do you keep doing it lol :) Viv xx

Suze Bain said...

Ooh Rosemary, this card is gorgeous, I love it! xx

Laura Davis said...

Wow, stunning work!!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura