"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Monday, February 6, 2012

Hello, Valentine...

Hey there!!  I have a little card for some challenges.  PaperTrey Ink is turning five this month and having a big celebration with all kinds of fun contests.   I must admit that I didn't think I would be able to participate in any of them, either.  But today Nichole offered up some freebies created by all the talented PTI stamp designers and with that kind of deal I just couldn't resist having a go.  So, I downloaded the images and printed them out on some PTI Stamper's Select cardstock, of course!  I decided to go with the sweet image that Maile Belles designed.



Now I as indicated this card is for more than just the PTI challenge.  It is also for this week's Our Creative Corner challenge to use the colors of kraft, grey & pink, as well as hearts.  My super sweet blogging friend, Sue, is now a design team member for OCC and so I just had to give their challenges a try.  I am stretching the challenge requirements a little bit as the hearts on my card are two little heart shaped rhinestones and the stylized hearts in Maile's design.  Anywhoo... I hope this is okay.  I used my Quatrafoil die (love that die!!!) to emboss the grey cardstock and then added a strip of scalloped pink cardstock.  The card base is 4 x 5.5 and so the pink/grey cardstock piece hangs off the edge by a quarter of an inch to bring the overall card side to 4.25 x 5.5.  The little image was colored with Copic markers.

Supplies:  Cardstock: PTI kraft & white; SU! pink & grey; Stamps:  PTI Tiny Treats: Valentine; Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black; Image: PTI

13 comments:

Greta said...

Oh I love this card, Rosemary! Great colors picked for the one challenge & I love how you used the freebie image!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Oh Rosie this card is delightful. You have met the Challenge requirements no problem, my goodness look at all that negative space!!!!!!not only on the Kraft but on your circle and your Bg trim, you know your little flower that is peeking out under your sentiment could also class as a heart shapes as well.
Adding the dry embossing and pink trim catches the eye and then it follows down to your rhinestones, once again you have designed a unique card.
And thank you so very much for supporting Our Creative Corner Challenge.
Smiles:)

Lisa Lara said...

Wow Rosi. I so could see this in a magazine. Fabo!

Judy1223 said...

Rosemary, this is fabulous! I love that little image by Maile (actually, I love all her images!) and it is a perfect card for all the challenges!

craftieodmae said...

gorgeous card!!!

Jenny said...

mmmm I'm loving this CAS design Rosemary! The freebie digi is just fab and that embossed strip looks like leather..... Such cool textures :0)
Jenny x

Tiffany Ervin said...

Oh this is really sweet Love the tiny little splash of pink on your image, the gems and the scallops! So perfectly balanced with the rest of your colors!

Christine said...

This is so great! I love that style!
Christine

Brenda said...

I didn't have time to play, but I wish you loads of luck! This was probably my most favorite image from the download. Love the CAS take on it!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

What a delightful clean and perfectly laid out card! You followed the recipe for our challenge wonderfully! I love the tiny and shiny hearts at the bottom and all that beautiful space...nice touch! Thank you so much for joining Our Creative Corner this week!!!

bex said...

I saw your card on the "Our Creative Corner" challenge; what a cute card!;0)
Your little heart bling is super cute:0)
TFS:0)

Stacy Morgan said...

Great CAS! The little jewels are a great touch.

Anne Marie Hile said...

Rosemary, you hit the challenge on the head beautifully! This is simply CAS-tastic! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner! :)