"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, February 4, 2012

ODBDSLC95 - I Thank

Hey there!!! Its Saturday and time for another Shining the Light challenge over at the ODBD blog!!  February is here and this month we here in the US take time to acknowledge national heroes (Presidents Day) or people who are special to us (Valentine's Day).   So... the team is challenging you to acknowledge and CASE a crafter  that you admire or a creation you admire changing just two elements to make it your own.

To make the challenge even more fun, we will be giving out a prize, a $15 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!! Entries for the prize must be submitted by Friday, January 13th at 8 a.m. EST. One random winner will be chosen and announced next Saturday. If you are not using ODBD stamps, please do not enter more than once. Additional entries that are made without using ODBD stamps will not be commented on nor will they qualify for prizes. While it is not required to use Our Daily Bread Designs images and sentiments on your creations, we would love to see them if you have them. As a way of recognizing those who do use Our Daily Bread Designs stamps, we will again be choosing 1 to 2 creations to spotlight for our Shining the Light Award. In order to qualify for this award, however, you must use Our Daily Bread stamps and have your submission added to Mr. Linky by Friday, February 10th at 8 a.m. EST. If you upload your creations to Splitcoast Stampers or any other online gallery, please use the keyword is ODBDSLC95. When creating your posts on blogs please include a link to the challenge.  






For my card I chose to CASE a super sweet fellow crafter and "friend I haven't met, yet" named Brenda Urbanik.  I "met" Brenda through the Hero Arts Flickr group and over the last year or so we have exchanged many cards and emails.  I can always count on Brenda to leave me a lovely comment on whatever I post on my blog.   As I was cruising through Brenda's blog one day a few weeks ago I came across a beautiful Valentine's card that Brenda had created for a challenge.  The card is a perfect example of  CAS (clean & simple) one of my favorite ways to make a card.   I immediately knew that was the card I wanted to CASE.  Brenda's card uses a simple frame, a heart die cut and a sentiment.  I changed the heart to a butterfly and added a couple of layers to my card, but still kept things pretty simple.  I used the ODBD sets God's Love, Flourished Christian Symbols and Grunge Butterfly.  The frame was created using Spellbinders Square Plain & Scalloped dies.  The color combo comes from CR84FN and so I will be popping my card into that challenge.   I hope you will take the time to click over to Brenda's blog and leave her some love! 

Please make sure you check out all the beautiful projects my fellow "sticks" Lori, Jan Marie, Jan, Debi, Chris, and Kathy,  To join in the fun, please click here.


Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white & spring rain; SU! Riding Hood Red; Ink:  SU! Pink Pirouette & Real Red; Memento Summer Sky; Spellbinders dies; Stickles Diamond Glitter Glue; ODBD stamps; ODBD Grunge Butterfly die

17 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a stunning card Rose Mary!! I just love your case and the colors you chose with the butterfly and use of the background is stunning!! Love it!!
Have a great weekend!
hugs,
Chris

Nancy said...

Hello Rosemary. Your card is so beautiful. I have long admired your cards with ODBD stamps, especially the lovely one that you sent to me some time ago. Today I decided to order some of these inspiring stamps myself. Thank you for the inspiration!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Rosemary! That 3D butterfly is gorgeous and such a sweet Psalm! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Saints Rule! said...

Love it Rosemary! I love the subtle framing and the colors you selected. And you know I LOVE that butterfly!!! SO lovely with that definitive Rosemary STYLE!!! Blessings GF and have a wonderful weekend!

Kathy said...

Beautiful case, Rosemary, you captured the CAS style perfectly and the colors with the picture! Blessings! Kathy

Christine said...

Very nice with the butterfly!
Hug
Christine

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Rosie
I wondered how long it would take you to return to your favourite and inspiring Genre. Like me, when you create within your comfort zone it is enjoyable and satisfying.
But on occasions it is good to work outside the pleasure of ease to extend oneself, even though it causes stress beyond belief! (in my case) you do learn quite a bit about yourself....... and what you learn is not always what you want to acknowledge!!!!
Your card with the soft mellow Palette can be described as 'Sweet' but that sounds to insipid for me, I love to use wonderful, gorgeous, appealing, enchanting and delightful, all the hyperboles that suit this card very much. Your Red/White Butterfly popped up
is a real focus, and then your eye connects with the sentiment and Red card, so there is a follow through when viewing this piece. It is beautifully formed Rosie.
Smiles:)

Tenia Nelson said...

So so pretty!!

Cards By Jan said...

So BEAUTIFUL, Rosemarie, I love your soft colours, gorgeous butterfly, and perfectly framed!! wow! hugs

Brenda said...

OMG Rosemary! I feel so honored! This was a total surprise! And I LOVE what you made, I just love those 3 colors together! What a beautiful window you created and that sentiment is just beautiful! (Thank you!)

Wanda Cullen said...

Love the softness of this card...a beautiful CASE!

Jan Marie said...

What a beautiful card and a sweet case!! SO fun that Brenda was surprised when she popped in for a visit. . .love that butterfly and the frame! Very clever and very beautiful!! Blessings!

Deborah Frings said...

This is really beautiful. I really like the layered butterfly and touch of bling! Gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

Grace said...

Rosemary this is sooo pretty! I love the soft color palette of the bg with the pop of red! It's stunning and a wonderful case of your unmet yet friend!!! Beautiful, in a word!
hugs,
Grace

Lisa Elton said...

Truly lovely Rosemary! A beautiful verse and a sweet framed butterfly. Wonderful card!!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Rosemary your 3-D butterfly is magnificent!

Greta said...

I don't think I saw this one--& it's one of my favorites! Love the design (will have to find Brenda's) & colors & butterfly--everything! I think it deserves another CASE!