"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

It Is a Sweet Thing...

Hey there... here with a quick post.  I made this card for the Flourishes release week challenge to use black and white and as pop of one color.  The layout is from this week's Sketchbook Saturday sketch.  Love this super versatile sketch that Chupa came up with!  


Because the challenge is to make a card that is black and white with a pop of color I thought I would use the Gerbera Daisy set from Flourishes because that image seemed to lend itself to this challenge.    I stamped the image using Memento's Tuxedo Black ink and then die cut the squares with a Spellbinders square die.  I made sure that one of the squares contained a full flower for me to color which I colored with the following Copic markers:  R24, R27, R29 & R49.  Then all the squares were placed on the white cardstock that was embossed with the Quatrefoil die.  The sentiment was stamped using Stampin Up! Cherry Cobbler ink.  The card base is black and the mat is Cherry Cobbler.

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white & black; SU! cherry cobbler; Ink:  memento tuxedo black & SU! cherry cobbler; dies:  Spellbinders & PTI; Copic Markers


21 comments:

Brenda said...

You did that beautifully Rosemary! I love that you chose that image, it worked beautifully with the idea you had! Super card!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Love the Tiles Rosie, and your embossed Bg. Colouring your Top Gerbera in provocative Red is just stunning.
Smiles:)

craftieodmae said...

WOW!!!!! Didn't that make a gorgoeus card, love that little bit of color, down right gorgeous!

Sue said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Rosemary the stamped image separated into four tile squares is very eye-catching. Love the pop of color!

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful! Very striking with us the hint of one flower colored. Beautifully done. Thanks for playing in Flourishes Challenge.

Gibmiss said...

Hi Rosie
Wow!!!! Fabby card .... Love it ....hope you are well
Hugs Sylvie xxxx

Christine said...

Such a lovely idea to colour just one flower! It's a beauty!
Hug
Christine

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous Rosemary!
xx

ChristineCreations said...

Totally gorgeous Rosemary! You totally captured the +1 pop of color!

Thanks so much for joining us!

kingstonmama said...

Gorgeous. Love the way you've colored just one of the flowers. Ann

stampingandstitching said...

This is such a gorgeous card, Rosemary! I love the way you combined the two challenges and the bunch of flowers looks beautiful with just one flower coloured!

dpkennedy said...

Gorgeous design! Love the single red flower! Thanks for playing with Flourishes!

Greta said...

Wow, wow, wow! Oh I love your card, Rosemary! Perfect for the challenge!

Marlena M. said...

This is beautiful, Rosemary! I love the way you highlighted a flower.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Gorgeous Rosemary,that dash of red is fabulous, love the embossing too

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh my word, this card is YUMMO!! Great job with spotlighting!

Michelle said...

amazing!!! love the four windows and that pop of red! beautiful take on the sketch!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Absolutely stunning card!

Unknown said...

Ok if someone would of described how to do this.. I know I would of passed...However!!! I love it!!! LOL I even pinned it!! I was thinking it would be a great idea to do it in someones fav color!!!! Love it!!!
Thanks for great idea that I will be doing!!
Jackie

Capescrapper said...

This is lovely!!