"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

CCC #74...

{for my CardMaker/Crafter's Companion post scroll down or click here}

Hello friends!!  Tuesday is here and that means time for a brand new CASology challenge.  Oh my goodness I cannot believe all the gorgeous projects that were posted in the gallery for last week's challenge!!  I know that there will be tons more gorgeous project posted for this week's cue word:  snowflake.   Once, again, we have a fabulous sponsor.  All the details can be found on the CASology blog.  Joining us in the guest designer spot is the super talented Lynn! 




I don't know about you, but I have lots and lots of dies and sometimes I forget that I can do more with those dies than just die cutting.  But thanks to a little video put together by the wildly talented Chupa (found here) I remembered that many of them can be used to emboss your cardstock.   Using the current layout from CAS(E) this Sketch as my starting point I got out my MFT jumbo Snowflake die and used it to emboss some white cardstock.  I stamped the sentiment from the Precious Remembrance Shop set Holiday Wishes in red on white cardstock and trimmed it out.  I adhered the sentiment and a little bow tied with green twine and I was done.  I love the subtle look created by the embossed snowflake and the way the red sentiment just pops.

Thanks for stopping by... I cannot wait to see where this week's cue word "snowflake" takes you!  In the meantime make sure you check out the cards from the rest of the design team: Melissa, Judy, Meghan, Ardyth, Gillian, Maureen, KimberlyTracey and guest designer, Lynn!

26 comments:

Barb said...

This is such a creative and beautiful take on the sketch, Rosie! Love it!

Meghan said...

I love to emboss with dies! Your embossing is perfect! Your small touches of colour are perfect, too! Perfect all around!

Ardyth said...

So clever! Definitely a technique to try! Love the bold pops of classic Christmas colours!

Betty said...

What a pretty card. Love your embossed snowflake on the background. Thanks for playing along with us in the CAS(E) this sketch! challenge and hope to see you again.

Gillian R said...

So elegant and gorgeous, just perfect!

Melissa said...

I love, love, love the simple beauty of this, Rosemary! I'm going to have to try something like this!!! That embossed snowflake is beautiful!

Canonbury creations said...

Fab CAS card Rosie and like you I don't always use my dies to their fullest! Lovely design and the twine is perfect:)
Val x

walchowDesign said...

I always hesitate embossing with dies reason being I am afraid I might cut something but after seeing this video, I think I am going to give it a try. Thanks for sharing the video with us, Rosie!

Beautiful embossed snowflake!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Rosie.
Just so elegantly beautiful; the White palette, with that pop of Red is just stunning.
Smiles:)
Sue

Barb Ghig said...

Be still, my heart! What a GORGEOUS card, Rosemary! I love, love your embossed snowflake...perfect size (and spot on with the sketch) ~ Your sentiment is just so pretty, too!

Marybeth said...

Your card is stunning Rosemary! I often forget about them bossing our dies but I'm not quite sure how to do it. So I'm very thankful you put a link up with a video can't wait to check it out.

Anonymous said...

Simply beautiful, Rosemary ... the pops of vibrant red and green are stunning against all that snowy white! Anita :)

Greta said...

One of my all-time favorites, Rosemary! I don't have enough room in my brain for all your incredible cards--good thing I can just keep coming back to your blog!

judkajudi said...

Awesome!! I never think to emboss with dies!!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

How cool that you put the techniques in my video to a good use! Yippee! Gorgeous stuff... thanks also for passing on the link to your readers!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Love this video too, an "Aha" moment!!!! Love this super. CAS Card !!!!

Cathy Weber said...

You are so smart! That is such a beautifully embossed snowflake...it is so big! That pop of red for the sentiment and the touch of green with the twine was a perfect addition.

Joni Andaya said...

Amazing take! Love the perfect embossed snowflake. Gorgeous!!!

Wida said...

really gorgeous!!

jintyoo7 said...

Wow - Amazing, Rosie - Such brilliance :)

karen h said...

Love this card; Perfect cas!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is gorgeous! I love how you used the impressed snowflake instead of the triangle on your card!

Martha said...

Rosemary, what a SWEET card this is!
I love the impressed snowflake & the lovely design! Beautifully done!

Marilyn said...

The embossed image is so elegant on this CAS beauty! So lovely, Rosie!

Judy1223 said...

Uh, yeah. Give me a moment to catch my breath.

OK, I'm back. Can I just say...WOW?!?! I need to go watch that tutorial so I can try this...your card is all around AMAZING!

Anonymous said...

Oops haven't tried this but must! Your card is a total stunner!