"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

CCC #76... let's celebrate!

Hello friends!!    It is Tuesday (and Christmas Eve!) and that means time for a brand new CASology cue word.  This post is bittersweet for me because it is my last post as a design team member for CASology.  I still remember receiving the private message from Melissa asking me to join her new endeavor called "CASology".  I was surprised and honored that she wanted me to be on her design team!  The last 18 months (yes... it has been 18 months!) have been fill with lots of fun and fabulous cue words.  It has been a joy to work with Melissa and everyone on the CASology team and I will miss being a part of that amazingly talented group... sniff, sniff!  Thank you to everyone who left me lovely comments each week (even on my not so great cards... and there were quite a few!).  I appreciated receiving each and everyone of them!  So that was the bitter part, now on to the sweet... the new cue word!  This challenge will run for two weeks so you will have plenty of time to get your "party" on with this one!  Yep... the cue word is party!   All the details can be found here and we are joined this week by guest designer, Kara!




Months ago I purchase a party hat border die from MFT, but had never used it and so this week's cue was the perfect time to break it in.  I die cut some fun dotty paper from BasicGrey (Shine On) using the die.  A bit more of the paper was used underneath the sentiment to create a cohesive look.  The layout for the card is based on Mojo Monday sketch #324.  I think this is a sketch I may hang onto as it is perfect for clean and simple cards, as well as more complex cards.  The sentiment is from the MFT set Birthday Sentiments.

Thanks for stopping by...I cannot wait to see where this week's cue word "knit" takes you!  In the meantime make sure you check out the cards from the rest of the design team: Melissa, Judy, Meghan, Ardyth, Gillian, Maureen, KimberlyTracey and guest designer, Kara.

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI kraft; white; PP:  BasicGrey; Stamps:  My Favorite Things; Ink:  Tuxedo Black; Die:  My Favorite Things; enamel dots:  Stampin Up!

11 comments:

Ardyth said...

Great use of colour in a limited way to convey the fun of a party while remaining cas. We'll miss you Rosemary - and wish you all the very best!

Tracey McNeely said...

LOVE that banner Rosie! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Meghan said...

I will miss you Rosemary! You always produce the most amazing clean and simple creations each week. Best of luck! Another fun, clean and simple card this week!

Tenia Nelson said...

So so FUN!!! Merry Christmas!!! :)

Barb Ghig said...

I love how you kept your card CAS, yet with a great use of patterned paper! Such a fun banner and sentiment, too!

I'll miss seeing your contributions at CASology, but you're not getting rid of me that easily! Thanks so much for always inspiring me with your beautiful creations!

Merry Christmas to you, Rosemary!

Greta said...

I can't believe it's been 18 months! You will be a big loss to the CASology team--always creative & inspiring--thank you, Rosemary! Your ending with a bang--fabulous use of the printed paper for the die cut & the piece on the card--love it! Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous, fun and party-filled card to finish with, Rosemary ... it's such a happy one! I'll miss seeing you at CASology, but will continue to see you elsewhere in the blogosphere, inspiring us with your other DT hats on! Anita :)

Judy1223 said...

Rosemary, a bittersweet post indeed. You know how much you inspire me (and you will continue to do so, no doubt!) and it has been a true pleasure being on a DT with you! Your card is fabulous, those banners are so fun and colorful! I hope you had a great Christmas and best wishes for a happy new year, too!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Yes rosi, you will definitely be missed at CASology, however us followers know where you can be found!! Love your designs Rosemary!!! Wonderful FUN card

Melissa said...

Rosemary, you are going to be so very missed!!! You're such a sweet individual and I'm going to miss having you on the team! I plan to continue to visit your blog, however!!! Your cards are always so perfect and pretty! This card is no exception! I love the bright, festive colors against the kraft!
Best wishes to you and yours in the new year! Hugs! :)

Gillian R said...

Love that spotty paper, so sweet! Happy New Year