"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

so grateful...

Hello friends!!   Spent part of my New Years Eve making a little card for the current PTI Make It Monday:  Angled Backgrounds.   I don't think I have made a card quite as busy or bright as this one in a very long time and it made me a bit nervous putting it together.  However, once it was done I was really pleased with how it turned out.


After I decided on what patterned paper to use (Webster's Pages Family Traditions line... LOVE!!) I had to figure out what stamps to use and finally settled on my very neglected PTI Lovely Layers set.  I had inked up one of the stamps, but I don't think I have ever made anything with the set!   I die cut all the images and then stamped them using Hero Arts chalk inks (Poppy, Punch. Splash and Latte) and Memento inks (Pear Tart).   I cut strips of the patterned papers and then adhered them to a cardstock base.  As a base for my floral image I die cut some white cardstock using the PTI notebook die.  After arranging all the pieces, but not adhering them, I stamped the sentiment in black ink.  Once that was done I adhered all the pieces into place and then added the finished piece to the patterned paper piece.   My angled background is a bit hap hazard, but I like it!

Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white; Patterned Paper:  Webster's Pages; Inks: Hero Arts & Memento; Stamps:  PTI; Dies:  PTI

16 comments:

Julia Aston said...

Love the patterns and colors Rosemary. Wasn't this a fun technique? Happy new year!

Vikki H said...

your card has a warm, country feel to it - love your colors & the Lovely Layers stamps are perfect with your paper choices.

Nat said...

happy New Year Rosemary! Love your card the background reminds me of a beautiful quilt. gorgeous design!!

Alex said...

Beautiful card Rosemary, the stamping from the Lovely Layers set is so pretty!

craftieodmae said...

Happy New Year, love your gorgeous card!!!!

Viv said...

Happy New Year Rosie ! Such a great card again, loving all the colours and the beautiful dies too.Look forward to seeing more of your lovely creations in 2014 :)hugs Viv xx

Marybeth said...

I love the flower you chose to use on top of the bright layers. I made one too ,it was fun and I liked it but had a hard time deciding what to put on top.
Happy New Year Rosemary.

Amy Papale said...

Very pretty card! I love all of the colors and the die cut flower embellishment really sets it off!

Anonymous said...

Such a lovely, warm, quilt-like card, Rosemary ... fabulous! Anita :)

Connie MacFarlane said...

Beautiful Rosemary! Love the gorgeous bright colours and your pretty floral embellishment.

Michelle said...

Oh.... such a beautiful card-love all of the happy colors!

sentsue said...

I love your color choices and the layering of dies. Great card!

Nancy Penir said...

A delightfully bright card! Colors and patterns add to the joy! Love how you grounded your blooms with the page die.

Nora Noll said...

What a warm and fun card. I love your take on this MIM challenge. Beautiful work!!

Greta said...

Somehow I missed this one using one of my favorite sets--love your card, Rosemary! The background really gives it a unique look & I love the colors!

Michelle said...

Very cool background!