"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, December 8, 2013

verve december diva dare...

Hello friends!!  I have a couple of cards to share today.  Both are cards that I made several months ago, but only posted in my Splitcoaststampers gallery because they were made for Verve's monthly sketch challenge.  I'm sharing them with you now because this month's Diva Dare over that the Verve blog is to either post a favorite card that you made using Verve stamps in 2013 or create a new card using a favorite Verve set.  Because I'm in a bit of a creative funk (again!) and I have other projects that I need to get done I decided to go with the first option and share two cards that I made using Verve stamps that I absolutely love.   First up is a card that I made using two Verve sets:  Learning to Sail and Strong Anchor.

 
I absolutely love how this card turned out.  It just makes me think of a cottage by the sea.  I had to fiddle around for a bit to get the boat just so (and did a wee bit of paper piecing, too), but all the fiddling was worth it!    The second card was made using the Verve set Shining Star, as well as the matching Stars die.
 
 

The clean simplicity of this card just makes me happy and that is one reason I love it so much.  This was one of those cards that just came together with little effort and turned out exactly as I wanted it  to.   The other thing I like is how I was able to make the card clean and simple, but give it a bit of shabby edge.

Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white & Blueberry Sky; Patterned paper:  My Mind's Eye Kate & Co (2nd card), Penny Black Madison pad (1st card); Inks:  Memento and Stampin Up!; Stamps & dies:  Verve; Hemp twine:  Close to my Heart

10 comments:

Greta said...

Wow--I can see why you picked these 2 cards! Love both of them! Good luck in the challenge, Rosemary!

craftieodmae said...

Both cards are winners and absolutley gorgeous!

Brenda in IN said...

Both of these are great cards. I love the verses on both of them.

Anonymous said...

You've showcased the sentiments on both these cards so beautifully, Rosemary ... the colours are fantastic and I love the lined embossing! Anita :)

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous cards, Rosemary! I love your embossed panel on the first card...it adds a nautical feel that's perfect with the boat! And, I love the simplicity of your 2nd card...such a lovely sentiment, too!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Fabulous cards and quotes

Marisa said...

Love these. The scored lines onthe first are a great BG and love how you used the rope circle for the cute ship! I love that sentiment in the second card and the stars are great. Thanks for playing along with this month's Diva Dare.

judkajudi said...

Love your cards! A nice break from all things Christmas!!

Janelle Stollfus said...

I see why these are favorites... what a neat first card and how nice those stamps sets look together. Beautiful placement of the stars around the sentiment on the second one! I'm glad you shared in the December Diva Dare!

Teresa Kline said...

these are both precious cards, so glad you played along with us at Verve!