"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, December 22, 2013

warm wishes...

Hello friends!!   Wow... just a few more days until Christmas and my little guy just can't stand it that he has to wait that few more days!  He wants Christmas and he wants it now, lol!!  Haven't shared a card in a few days... Mo and Jo left town for a while on a pre-Christmas holiday, but I think they returned this afternoon and I was able to get something made.  Not my best effort... Mo and Jo are a bit tired from their trip!   This little number is for the current Dynamic Duos challenge and uses the new Sketchbook Saturday sketch.


I recently purchased two sets of Avery Elle stamps during Ellen Hutson's Christmas sale.  I inked up stamps from both sets for this card.   I stamped the wreath image from "Winter Wreath" using SU!'s Smoky Slate ink and then added the berries using Cherry Cobbler.  The bow was also stamped in Cherry Cobbler, trimmed out and adhered to the wreath.  I die cut the wreath using a Spellbinders plain circle die and matted it with black cardstock also cut with a plain circle die.  I cut the Cherry Cobbler cardstock and ran it through my Big Shot in my woodgrain embossing folder.  After adhering it to the card base I added some white lace and then layered on the wreath.  The sentiment (from the AE set "Let It Snow") was then added.  

Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white & black; SU! Cherry Cobbler; Ink:  SU! and Memento; Stamps:  Avery Elle; Lace:  The Funky Junkie; Dies:  Spellbinders dies

11 comments:

Julie Gearinger said...

Wow, love your wreath card!! The colors look fabulous and all of your details work so well together! Thanks for playing along with us at the Dynamic Duos and I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!!

Malika said...

Wow, very cute cas card, love the colours

malika

craftieodmae said...

Beautiful card, hope you have a Merry Christmas dear friend!!

Kristie Goulet said...

This is just beautiful! I love this wreath and how you used it here.

Anonymous said...

Love how you've used these colours, Rosemary, this is just lovely! Anita :)

Barb Ghig said...

I think this card is gorgeous, Rosemary! I love your wreath, and your lace trim is beautiful! I think Mo and Jo are back and you need to give yourself more credit!

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Greta said...

I love the wreath, lace, bow, texture on the bg--everything! How is this not your best effort? You're way too hard on yourself--a fabulous card, Rosemary!

Greta said...

Congrats on the HM at DD! How fun we both were chosen the same week!

hollybeary creations said...

This is so pretty.. I love that you made the wreath grey and that lace is darling. Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos.

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous card. I love the lace and the color combo is so pretty with you design.

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

I think your card is gorgeous, Rosie! You hit the spot with that lace, it adds so much charm. I hope you had a fantastic Christmas and I wish you an even better New Year :)