"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Monday, December 30, 2013

penny black blog take over...

Hello friends!!  This week the Penny Black Stamp Squad is taking over the Penny Black blog and sharing some fun projects to take you into the new year!  Today I have taken over the Penny Black blog and I'm sharing a card that I made using Penny Black's fabulous stickers and a technique that is very similar to paper piecing.  You can find the post here. Here on my blog I'm sharing a bonus card I made.  I also explain how I made the cards.   Here is my bonus card:


To make each card I started by picking out which stickers I wanted to use.  I chose to use stickers from the Scented Garden and Fresh Fields.   I adhered the stickers (two of each design) to some thin cardstock (printer paper would work, as well) and then proceeded to trim out portions of each sticker.  Adhering the stickers to thin cardstock gives them a bit more support and makes them easier to trim out.  Once I had trimmed out everything I adhered each piece using foam dimensionals. I finished off this card by stamping the Penny Black background image Retro Pattern (40-086) on red cardstock using red ink, adhered it to a cream cardstock base and then added my beefed up sticker to the center.  Some twine tied in a bow finished things off.  I included a photo to show the dimension that is achieved by layering sticker images in this way. 

Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white, Penny Black red; Sticker:  Penny Black; Stamps:  Penny Black; Ink:  Memento Lady Bug; Twine:  May Arts

14 comments:

Barb said...

This one is just as gorgeous as the one you shared over on the PB blog, Rosie! Beautiful work!

judkajudi said...

This is fabulous! Love how your PB post and this one are connected. Rosemary, it's been a joy to be on the Stamp Squad with you!! I have learned much from you; your work is inspirational!! Lots of hugs!!

craftieodmae said...

this is beautiful, love how you layered those gorgeous flowers!!

Tenia Nelson said...

So so pretty!!!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Rosie
First let me wish you a very Happy and Creative 2014,I shall look forward to being inspired.
Great card, I also like the other one over on The PB blog as well, both look beautiful.
Smiles:)
Sue

Lin said...

Judy said it so well - your style is a wonderful inspiration to us all, Rosemary! I must go look again at my PB stickers and have a play with them!

Greta said...

2 wonderful sticker cards, Rosemary! Your backgrounds are perfect to make the layered stickers shine--love them both!

Nat said...

wow Rosemary your design is totally stunning !!!! wishing you a happy new year in 2014 :)

Brenda said...

I adore the rich reds in this card Rosemary, and to think those are stickers, I would never had known had you not said it! Happy 2014!

Deepti said...

Hi Rosemary, I have been on a long holiday and now when I back I was very excited to get back to the blog land and visit ur blog. Your cards are always an inspiration to me :)
This card is brilliant in its elegance n colors , Have a very Happy New year!!

Barb Ghig said...

I love how you layered the flowers on this card, Rosemary...it's so pretty! Hard to believe they are stickers, which is truly a tribute to your talent!

Marybeth said...

I love this ! The layered flower is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, Rosemary ... love the dimension! I have some of these stickers ... they're brilliant for a quick(ish) card ... when I remember I have them! Happy New Year to you, my friend ... here's to a healthy, joyful and creative 2014! Anita :)

Michelle said...

Ooooh, LOVE this, Rosemary! Such pretty flowers!