"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

golden butterfly...

Hello friends!!  Have a quick little post to share a couple of things.  First, I have a post up over at the CardMaker blog sharing a little candle wrap I made. I hope you will check it out here.   Second, I have a card that I made using this week's Splitcoaststamper's color combo (gold, yellow and green) and the layout from Sketchbook Saturday.


My wonderful friend, Greta, sent me a lovely birthday card and along with it came some butterflies that she die cut using the Penny Black Delicate Wings die set.  Thank you, Greta!!!!  I have the Soft Wings stamp that matches the dies so I was really excited to receive them.   I stamped the die cuts using my Delicata Golden Glitz ink and then adhered them together.   I did a bit of die cutting and embossing and then layered up everything per the sketch.  Some yellow sequins and green pearls were added to the body.  The sentiment is from the Stampin Up! set Blooming with Kindness.  I really love this color combo... so refreshing and dare I say... spring like?? 

Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white, SU! Wild Wasabi; PP:  SU! Polka Dot Parade dsp; Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black & Delicata Golden Glitz; Stamps:  Penny Black & Stampin Up!; Sequins:  Ellen Hutson; Pearls:  Hero Arts; Ribbon:  Stampin Up!

14 comments:

Barb said...

Everything came together so beautifully on this card, Rosie! LOVE that butterfly!

Martha said...

WOW...this is BEAUTIFUL, Rosemary!
That butterfly is STRIKING!
I love the dot paper & the pretty colors.

craftieodmae said...

Shut the front door!!!!! Girl this is absolutley breathtaking!!!! Love the butterfly!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Rosie
Beautiful butterfly, and I love the palette combo as well.
Smiles:)
Sue

Canonbury creations said...

Stunning card Rosie, love that butterfly and the colour combo:)
Val x

Anonymous said...

So much wonderful texture and depth, Rosemary ... and lovely delicate movement in the butterfly! Anita :)

Barb Ghig said...

Another gorgeous card, Rosemary! I love your candle wrap, too...the burlap ribbon is such a great idea!

Greta said...

Oh my goodness--can't stop staring at this gorgeous card! Never would have thought of gold & yellow together, but you made the color combo & the sketch shine! So glad you made use of the die cuts, my friend.

walchowDesign said...

Your card rocks, Rosie! this is just so pretty!

Marybeth said...

How sweet of Greta to send you this beautiful butterfly die. Love the gorgeous card you made with it! Love this color combo and the polka dots …. Happy Late Birthday Rosemary!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Totally, totally beautiful. The bright sunshine yellow is making me HAPPY!

Greta said...

This is beautiful, Rosemary! Love how you dressed up this candle--great project!--tried to put this in the CM Blog, but their spam filter is just too darn frustrating.

Viv said...

Oh wow Rosie, this is just fabulous, well done! Thanks for the good wishes also :) hugs Viv xx

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Wow! Just WOW!! Flippin' amazing, girl.