"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, December 1, 2013

yellow poinsettia...

Hello friends!!  Wow... December is here!!  Time sure does fly by doesn't it???  Have a little card to share that I made for Seize the Sketch that uses this week's SCS color challenge combo of Baja Breeze, Delightful Daffodil and Night of Navy.  For this card I used the gorgeous Penny Black stamp Warm Wishes, as well as a sentiment from the Penny Black set "banner of joy".  ETA:  I have never played along with Addicted to Stamps, but I saw that their current challenge is "holidays" so I thought I would enter this in the challenge.


I stamped the image using Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then colored it with the following Copic markers:  Y11, Y13, Y15, Y17 & Y19.   Yellow isn't necessarily a color you see in those huge displays of poinsettias at the nursery or store, but they do come in a nice creamy yellow shade so I'm not too far off, right?   Once I was done coloring the image I applied some glue to the center of the flower and added some glass glitter.  Once the glue was dry I stamped the sentiment using Night of Navy ink and then mounted the piece on a Baja Breeze card base.  Super simple, but I think rather striking.

Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white, SU! Baja Breeze; Stamps:  Penny Black; Ink;  Memento Tuxedo Black & SU! Night of Navy; Glass Glitter:  Stampin Up! Baja Breeze; Copic Markers

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

The colouring's fabulous, Rosemary ... and the glass glitter in the centre is so gorgeously jewel-like ... wow! Anita :)

Greta said...

Extremely striking & gorgeous, Rosemary! Your coloring of that wonderful flower is inspiring!

craftieodmae said...

Beautiful, love the flower center!

Deborah Frings said...

So glad you joined us - your holiday card is fab1 Love that poinsettia. Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Rosie
You always stop me in my tracks with your cards, I don't know what it is with your CAS creations that always make me catch my breadth, but it does. Another gorgeous example here today; the poinsettia coloured up in the Sunny Yellow is stunning.
Smiles:)
Sue

Christine said...

I like it in that colour Rosy! Gorgeous card!
Christine

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful coloring of the Poinsettia and I love the elegant sentiment! Gorgeous card, Rosemary!

judkajudi said...

Love how the flower is offset, and an unusual color!! Beautiful, Rosemary!!

Martha said...

This is just SO pretty, Rosemary!
Great design & beautiful flower!

jintyoo7 said...

EXQUISITE :)

Danielle Vincent said...

I LOVE these colors for a Christmas card - how elegant!! Thanks so much for joining us this week at ASTS&M.

Anonymous said...

Traditional poinsettia with a modern twist, love your choice of colours. Great card. Thanks for joining the fun at ATSM. Monika

Marilyn said...

This one is stunning...love this!