"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, February 13, 2015

blue feathers...

Hey friends!!   Have another card to share for one of PTI's 8th anniversary celebration challenges.  This card is for the day 8 blue ombre challenge.   The layout is loosely based on the current sketch from CAS(E) this Sketch so I will be posting it to that challenge, as well.


I took the path of least resistance and kept my ombre look very simple.  I stamped the middle sized feather from Feather Finery using three different shades of blue ink (SU!'s Marina Mist, Baja Breeze and Soft Sky).   To jazz things up a big I added a few clear sequins. 

Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white; SSS fog; Stamps:  PTI; Inks:  Stampin Up!; Sequins:  Pretty Pink Posh

17 comments:

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful take on the sketch, Rosemary! I love the ombre effect you created with your feathers and the sentiment is perfect...Stunning card!

Lisa Elton said...

I love the beautiful simplicity of this card Rosemary!!

Greta said...

This is stunning, Rosemary! The feather is just beautiful & perfect for an ombre look! I have to get the clear sequins--love the look!

ÅsaJ said...

So beautiful! Love the words!

Canonbury creations said...

Gorgeous card Rosie, love those feathers and the little touch of bling :)
Val x

Kara Lynne said...

Beautiful stamping! This is a gorgeous card!

Nat said...

very elegant, very you! beautiful design. happy valentines day!

Lisa Lara said...

This is so so so beautiful Rosi. Love it.

Inkyfingers said...

Such beautiful CAS design - I love that feather impression!

I Card Everyone said...

Beautiful feathers, sentiment, and "mat-like" finish onto that gray card base, Rosemary... and oh the inking.. fabulous! Thanks for sharing it with us at CTS!
=] Michele

Anita in France said...

Simply beautiful, Rosemary ... there's such a wonderful sense of movement in those feathers ... lovely! Anita :)

Chriss Blagrave said...

Beautiful take on the sketch! I had this in mind for the PTI blue ombré challenge too! But, I ran out of time. Your card turned out beautiful!

Petra Swart said...

WOW, this is simply stunning, Rosemary!! CAS at it's best!!!!

Ksenija @Sweet Kobylkin said...

Gorgeous, Rosemary! I like that you've stepped away from a round shape. This feather looks so elegant with ombre stamping!

Deepti said...

Gorgeous!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is beautiful! I love the onbre feathers! Fabulous take on the sketch!

Martha said...

Rosemary, this is simply beautiful! Love the stamping, colors, & sequins. You sure made the sketch shine.