"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, February 12, 2015

more pti anniversary fun...

Hey friends!!  Back with a couple more cards for PTI's 8th anniversary celebrations.  Today's cards are for the day 2 challenge (inspired by Maile Belles) and the day 5 challenge (spring into action).  Up first is my card for the day 1 challenge:


I didn't have to look for long on Maile's blog to find a card to inspire me!  I chose a card from her day three post.   I like the way she split the panel on her design.  I pretty much copied her design except I used a flower instead of a butterfly.  I used Happiness in Bloom and the color combo from Color Throwdown so I will be posting my card to that challenge, as well.   I stamped the main flower using red and purple inks and then covered it with a mask and stamped the leaves with aqua and green inks.  The sentiment was stamped in black.  After cutting the panel I adhered it to a light grey cardstock base.


The challenge for day 5 was to use a stamp set that hadn't been used before or not used in along time.  I used the YOF Gladiolus set... one I have never actually inked up!  I stamped the main image in white on kraft cardstock and then colored it with Prisma pencils.  I cut the panel down on one side and then added a strip of Plum Pudding Bitty Box Basics patterned paper.   I was reluctant to stamp the sentiment at the bottom so I stamped it at the top... not sure I really like it. 

Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock: PTI white and kraft; SSS fog; Stamps:  PTI; Inks:  Stampin Up and Close to My Heart; Prisma color pencils; PTI patterned paper

22 comments:

craftieodmae said...

Both are absolutely gorgeous!

Nancy said...

Two stunning cards, Rosemary!

walchowDesign said...

Two beautiful cards with lovely colours. Stamping on the top somehow gives a nice balance to the card.

Viv said...

More gorgeousness here again Rosie, I esp. love the purple flowers ;) hugs Viv xx

Lisa Elton said...

Your pretty floral cards have lifted my spirits on this cold snowy day! I love the bit of patterned paper next to your pretty gladiolus!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Beautiful cards! I love that vibrant red on the first one! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown.

Kara Lynne said...

Those are great colors for the Happiness in Bloom stamps! The sentiment looks great at the top of your second card. Your soft coloring is beautiful!

Christine said...

Both cards are beauty's as usual Rosy!!
Christine

Deepti said...

Oh wow! these are beautiful!!

joy said...

Very pretty cards, Rosemary! I love the aqua/green combo for the leaves of the first card.

Martha said...

Rosemary, what beautiful cards you've created!

I have so much catching-up to do with all the PTI challenges.

joy said...

Me, again, Rosemary! Congrats on making the cover of Take Ten!!! I bought a copy two days ago and just looked through the issue this evening and found that you were the creator of the card on the cover. LOVE the card! Way to go!!



Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful cards!

Canonbury creations said...

Two beautiful cards Rosie,I love the gladioli:)
Val x

Barb Ghig said...

Two stunning cards, Rosemary! I love how you split the panel on the first one and how you colored the blooms on the 2nd one...Beautiful work!!!

Broni said...

Both of your cards are beautiful! I really love that split panel on the first card as well! Thank you for playing along with us this week at the Color Throwdown!

Greta said...

Beautiful cards, Rosemary! I really love how the red & purple flower came out & that sentiment is perfect for the split panel!

Birgit said...

Both of your cards are beautiful! Love the coloring on your second card.

Anita in France said...

A pair of beautiful floral cards, Rosemary ... love the Maile inspired split panel ... and the gladiolus colouring is just stunning! Anita :)

Joan Ervin said...

What pretty cards...I just love the big, red flower on the first and your coloring on the kraft on the second is absolutely gorgeous!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!

Petra Swart said...

Both these cards are beautiful, Rosemary!!! Love the pretty flower on the first and how you have used the colours. I really like your use of a grey base, again!!!
The gladiolus on your second card is beautiful - great colouring and I love the strip at the side!!! The sentiment looks fine at the top!!

Lisa Lara said...

Oh I love these Rosi. I love how you stamped the leaves. And your flowers on the kraft are lovely with the purple background paper too.