"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, February 28, 2015

coffee...


Hey friends!!  I'm sure lots of you know about the Spring Coffee Lover's blog hop that this going on right now.  I'm not a coffee drinker myself (my elixir of choice is a tall Chai all soy, no water), but I got into the spirit of things and made two cards using a fun "coffee" die from Verve, as well as the Verve set "One Cup" and two of the Viva La Verve February sketches.  My color combo isn't very spring-like as I was using what I had pulled out earlier and decided to go with a gold/black/white/kraft theme (both cards do have a touch of blue on them, though).  Adding this to the SSS Monday challenge:  Anything Goes.




First up is a card I made using VLV sketch #3.   I die cut the "coffee" from some Teresa Collins Studio Gold paper that was embossed with gold foil.  The blue striped and grid papers are from the same pad and were die cut using Spellbinders plain rectangle dies.  Layered them, stamped the sentiment from One Cup and added the coffee die cut.  The banner was die cut from gold embossed vellum and layered on some patterned paper from the Teresa Collins Memorabilia 6x6 pad.  Added a bit of black twine and adhered it to a kraft card base.

Have a happy day... I will be back later with the second card! 

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white and kraft; Patterned Paper:  Teresa Collins Memorabilia and Studio Gold; Stamps:  Verve One Cup; Dies:  Verve Coffee die,  Spellbinders plain rectangle dies; Black twine

54 comments:

~amy~ said...

Rosemary...GORGEOUS! I absolutely LOVE this.
Thanks for joining in the fun♡

Judy1223 said...

HI Rosemary! I love your card and am a huge fan of the Verve coffee die...why don't I own that yet? I love your interpretation of the sketch...you are so amazing, do you know that?

Lisa Elton said...

I like the fancy frames in the backgrounds and the pretty die cut word! This is lovely Rosemary!!

VanessaB said...

this is sooooo pretty!!!

Lori Kobular said...

Love all the layers and details on your gorgeous card!

KellyJean said...

VERY cool!!!

Dyane said...

Fabulous Card Rosemary! Love it!:)

http://www.preciousremembranceshop.com/blog/

Kim Heggins said...

Gorgeous card....love that die!

Shelly said...

Beautiful!

Kara Lynne said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous! I love the metallic polka dot velum and the way you placed your sentiment!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Just fabulous! Love the classy black white and gold combo

D- said...

Your card is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
Crafty hugs,
Dawn
DesignsByDragonfly {blogspot}

Michele K. Henderson said...

Great card! Love the great colors!

Paula-Scrap Addict said...

this is very creative, I like that you did it with a mug or cup

Barb Ghig said...

Awesome card, Rosemary! I love the gold die cut sentiment and embossed vellum banner! Beautiful card!

Ann said...

Wonderful card, love the polka dotted vellum.

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Pretty!!! Love the sentiment

Celeste Goff said...

Lovely! I love that great embossed vellum fishtail banner!

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Great card...love the vellum!

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

LOVE what you did with the sketch - awesome colors too

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Swoon, love this!

ivy said...

love that Teresa Collins paper! great card!

Greta said...

Love that sketch & love your beautifully artistic card, Rosemary!

Petra Swart said...

Rosemary, I LOVE this card!!! Everything is just gorgeous!!! Great choice of bg paper!! Beautiful card!!!!

Maura said...

You are right, always a good idea. Lovely card!

nancy carroll said...

Great monochromatic with gold accent.

Anita in France said...

So elegant, Rosemary ... and a perfect sentiment ... coffee is always a good idea (for me!)! Anita :)

Keren Baker said...

Fab card! Love the supercool paper in the background!

Monika Reeck said...

I Am number 30 yippieee I love your idea Rosy its a great DP and you even dont put any coffe mug cool idea and cool sentiment and love that polkadots in vellum too.great coffee card Rosy..
my card is after you... number 151 if you like to visiting me I am so happy Rosy..
big hugs, Monika

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh this is so pretty.

Meihsia Liu said...

Love your beautiful card! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

Heather said...

This is so gorgeous!! LOVE the papers and you did a fabulous job with the sketch.

Nat said...

you had me at Coffee! Love your card :) !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jessica Frost-Ballas said...

Wow, gorgeous card!

Michelle said...

Beautiful, Rosemary!

Lisa Lara said...

I love the vellum and gold dots Rosi.

anja curvers said...

Really love this and great take on the sketch.

Happy Dance said...

The aqua stripes have a Springtime feel, if you ask me! This is utterly and fantastically gorgeous, btw!!! Love the golds you've used here. Really a wonderful card. Bev

Chris said...

I like the two tones of your coffee die cut and the framed background. Great card.

Brandi R said...

Lovely! Love the coffee diecut and the banner ♥

Jen said...

Love the vellum! The card is just lovely.

Sylvia said...

So pretty, Rosemary, love the addition of the gold into this design! Happy Tuesday and happy hopping.

KT Fit Kitty said...

Your card is gorgeous! Love the layers, the vellum, frame background, and great take on the sketch!

Annie said...

I adore your card, beautiful work! :)

D.Ann C said...

Fab! and Oh so TRUE!

Chark said...

this is beautiful!

AJ Bodine said...

Beautiful, love all the layers and papers together!

Helen F. said...

You certainly got into the Coffee spirit with this fab card, Rosemary.

Katie Ann Brooks said...

all the details are perfect! I love the paper, the velum and the gold sequins!

Sue D said...

Very elegant color scheme.

My Paper Epiphany said...

Fantastic creation!

Ceal said...

fabulous card!

An'Jenic G. said...

Pretty card and sentiment the sentiment my fav.