"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, February 28, 2015

coffee... part 2

Hey friends!!  I'm back with the second card that I made using the Verve coffee die and the Verve set One Cup.   One Cup is actually a set that is all about tea, but some of the sentiments work really well with the coffee die.  The layout is based on the Viva La Verve week 4 sketch and once, again, I used the Teresa Collins Studio Gold pad for my card.   Will be posting this to the Spring Coffee Lover's Blog Hop and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge:  Anything Goes.

The VLV week 4 sketch seems rather simple, but I must admit it gave me a bit of trouble.  Initially I had thought I would die cut the word "coffee" three times and use them on the card, but I just didn't like how it looked.  So I opted to trim out the three labels (from the Studio Gold pad), layer them and then add just one die cut "coffee".  I  adhered the patterned paper panel and then added the bits of gold washi tape.   Finished things off with the sentiment and a few gold sequins.

 
Have a happy day...
 
Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white and kraft; PP:  Teresa Collins Studio Gold; Stamps and die:  Verve; Washi tape:  My Mind's Eye; Sequins:  Pretty Pink Posh 

44 comments:

Ann said...

Super card, lovin' that gold washi.

Lori Kobular said...

Great take on the sketch! Love it!

Virginia L. said...

AWESOME take on the sketch with the Verve stamp, Rosemary! Love your use of Washi tape and gold! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

Tenia Nelson said...

Very cool!!

Kara Lynne said...

Wonderful gold details and those sentiments really pair together well. Great card, and great job with the sketch!

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Love all of the gold. Fabulous card.

VanessaB said...

Love the sparkle! Awesome card :)

D- said...

I loVe how your beautiful card turned out. Thank for sharing.
Crafty hugs,
Dawn
DesignsByDragonfly {blogspot}

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

love all the gold accents!

Kim Heggins said...

Very nice....love that coffee die!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love the bit of gold.

Greta said...

I keep looking at that sketch, but can't come up with anything--while you made a wonderful, modern card--love it, Rosemary!

Petra Swart said...

Another lovely coffee card, Rosemary!!!! Love your take on the somewhat difficult sketch to work with!!!! The gold washi tape is great!!!

~amy~ said...

Lovin' the bits of gold!
Thanks for joining in the fun♥

Shelly said...

Fabulous card!

walchowDesign said...

The sketch seems so difficult but you nailed it, Rosemary!

nancy carroll said...

Love the gold accents!

Anita in France said...

The gold with the soft aqua and kraft is brilliant, Rosemary ... another wonderful sentiment! Anita :)

KellyJean said...

Great card!!!

ivy said...

love the gold!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh this is so pretty, I love it.

Celeste Goff said...

Love the take on the sketch and that awesome touch of gold!

Heather said...

Oooo . . . love your take on the sketch. This one looked a little tricky to me, I have to admit. But you did a fabulous job!

Jessica Frost-Ballas said...

LOVE these colors!

Lisa Lara said...

Love that coffee in gold and the gold accents. The washi is great Rosi.

anja curvers said...

another great card great take on the sketch.

Maura said...

I'm happy! Have my cup right here.

Barb Ghig said...

I love all the gold accents on this card, Rosemary! As always, your design is just beautiful, too...Stunning card!

Brandi R said...

Lovely card! Loving the gold bits ♥

Happy Dance said...

Loving this sketch, and you've rocked it! Gorgeous papers and gorgeous golds. Wonderful card. Bev

Jen said...

Love the washi and the papers!

Sylvia said...

More gold loveliness, Rosemary, it could almost be a Christmas coffee card! Happy hopping.

Greta said...

No surprise this fabulous card was noticed at DCD--congrats, Rosemary!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Oh, this is fabulous! Love your design!

Annie said...

Love the paper combo! I adore your card, beautiful work! :)

D.Ann C said...

Fab layout and colors!

Chark said...

love the gold bits!

AJ Bodine said...

Gorgeous, love the gold accents!

Helen F. said...

Another great card, luv the glimmer of gold!

Sue D said...

I like the touch of gold.

My Paper Epiphany said...

great design!

Ceal said...

very cute!

An'Jenic G. said...

Pretty card. Love the die cut.

Keren Baker said...

Like how you've interpreted the sketch and love the little washi highlights too!