"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, February 22, 2015

county fair quilt block...

Hey friends!!  Have a little card to share that I made today while I watched the Daytona 500!  My favorite driver Matt Kenseth didn't finish very well, but it was still a great race!   My card uses the color combo from Colour Me...! and the layout from CAS(E) this Sketch.  I did change the orientation of the sketch.

 

I had never used the quilt block die from my PTI Make It Market County Fair kit and when I saw the Colour Me...! combo I just had to use it to make a little quilt block.  I die cut three different patterned papers from Stampin Up! (I'm not going to give you the names as I did A LOT of rummaging through my extensive collection of patterned papers to come up with ones that worked for the challenge!).   I die cut everything and then inlaid all the pieces into a quilt block that I die cut from white cardstock.   Layered everything up and finished it off with a button/twine embellishment.  I didn't add a sentiment because there just wasn't a good spot on the front of the card for one and I don't put something on a card just for the sake of having it there!  At some point I will probably just finish the inside of the card with a sentiment.

Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white; SU! Pool Party; Bazzill red; PP:  Stampin Up!;  Die:  PTI quilt block die; PTI button; My Mind's Eye baker's twine

22 comments:

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Oh, so pretty - wonderful combination of PP! Thanks so much for playing with us at Colour Me...!

Hannelie said...

This is so beautiful Rosemary!
I love the quilt pattern... so glad you played along at Case this sketch!

Nat said...

I agree this is beautiful Rosemary!! love your creation :)

Jenny Engelke said...

Beautiful! Your choice of designer papers is wonderful! They look so nice together! Thanks for playing along with us at Colour Me...! ♥

Barb Ghig said...

Such a beautiful take on the sketch, Rosemary! I love the quilt pattern and the color combo is gorgeous!

Anita in France said...

How lovely, Rosemary ... fabulous DP combining ... and great use of those wonderful colours! Anita :)

walchowDesign said...

Beautiful choice of pp on the quilt die cut, Rosemary!

Michelle said...

Just beautiful, Rosemary! I love it! Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) This Sketch!

Deepti said...

This is amazing! Love those patterns put together :)

Nancy said...

Oh Rosemary, I love everything about this card! Such a pretty design and lovely papers together!

Angel Johns said...

I love the design of your card! Great way to use colors! Thanks for playing along with us at Colour Me!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so pretty! I love your take on the sketch!

Lisa Elton said...

I just love this Rosemary!! That quilt block is so pretty and those colors work beautifully with it!!

stampwithsandy said...

Gorgeous quilt card, Rosemary! I adore that quilt die and think I need it, LOL! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Colour Me!

Kara Lynne said...

Those papers are wonderful in your quilt block! The entire card has a great design.

Lisa Lara said...

Beautiful, how you used this die and paper Rosi.

Unknown said...

Rosemary, so lovely to see you here! This beauty reminds me of a quilt and I LOVE IT! Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at Colour Me...! Hope to see you around again soon :)

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous!

donna mikasa said...

Wonderful take on the sketch, Rosie! Love the patchwork design!

Robin K. said...

Love everything about this Rosemary!!

Greta said...

Absolutely darling card, Rosemary! You make me wish I'd gotten that kit! Wonderful quilt card!

Petra Swart said...

Hi, Rosemary, for some unknown reason I never got the e-mail to inform me of this post of yours!!! Wonder why??? Have just spotted your card in the CTS gallery and came to tell you that your card is beautiful!!!! I love your quilt block and the selection of papers you used are perfect!!!
Have a lovely day!!!