"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, February 1, 2015

hello...sunshine

Hey friends!!   Today is the Super Bowl and loads of people here in Washington State are going to be cheering on the Seattle Seahawks as they play in their second Super Bowl in two year!  Yep... back to back Super Bowls!  Excited doesn't describe how people feel.  I'm not a huge football fan, but I will be catching the game today... GO HAWKS!!  In the meantime I have a card to share that I made using another technique I learned from the Online Card Classes Clean and Simple Cards 4, day 6.  This technique (masked striped background) was taught by Tasnim of Altenew Stamps and is super fun and super easy.    I used the layout from CAS(E) this Sketch.   Tasnim used distress inks for her technique and so I decided to do the same.  I didn't have the post it tape so I just used some extra wide washi tape that I had on hand.  The distress inks I used are Wild Honey and Crushed Olive.  I kept to those two colors when I stamped my balloons (from the SSS set Celebrate) and inked up the word "sunshine" (also from SSS).    The little pinked edge rectangle is from the same die set that the sunshine came from and coordinates with the SSS set Bring the Sunshine.   The "hello" is from the Lawn Fawn set Hello, Baby.

Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white; Stamps:  Lawn Fawn and Simon Says Stamp; Dies:  Simon Says Stamp; Inks:  Distress ink and Memento Tuxedo Black


 

15 comments:

Deepti said...

Go Sea Hawks !! I will be catching up the game too. Love ur card, great technique

Anita in France said...

Cool background, Rosemary ... those balloons floating above the sunshine die cut are so sweet! Anita :)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Hello my friend!! I was thinking of you and just had to pop in to see what you were up too!!

What a great technique!! Love the CAS design and the floating balloons.

I hope all is well with you!!

hugs,
Chris

Kara Lynne said...

Very sunny, happy card! Great use of that technique!

Lisa Elton said...

Your background look fabulous Rosemary!! This is cheerful and cute!

Greta said...

Boo hoo! Hubby may be depressed for a month--LOL! You're right--there's always next year. I adore this card, Rosemary--thinking I should have taken that class!

Nat said...

just what I needed some Rosemary card therapy! Totally gorgeous design, makes me happy!!!! :)

Petra Swart said...

Great bg you've created, Rosemary!!! Love the cute little balloons and the rick rack edges of the white panel!!! The sentiment looks lovely!!!
Have a great day!!!

Lisa Lara said...

Hi Rosi. That was a great game. Love your background. Sounds like fun.

Hannelie said...

YES! you really captured the feeling of sunshine in this beautiful design Rosemary!
Thanks for joining us at CAS(E)this sketch!

Canonbury creations said...

Such a cheery card Rosie and good luck with the Super Bowl! My son and his friend sat up and watched it until 5am!!
Val x

walchowDesign said...

Not a football fan so I will concentrate on card making instead! Great background by using masking/ washi tape, Rosemary! It gives such a great interest to the card!

Leigh Penner said...

This is so sweet & pretty! Wonderful take on the sketch!

I Card Everyone said...

I didn't watch the game... who won again? =] Love your card, the pinked edge die is really cute, and your "homework" for the class is grade A... thanks for playing along at CTS, Rosemary...
=] Michele

Martha said...

What a darling card, Rosemary!