"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, February 7, 2015

PTI 8th Anniversary....

Hey friends!!  PTI is celebrating its 8th anniversary!  And in keeping with past celebrations they have lots of fun contests going on.  Today I have a card for their day one DT Inspiration challenge.  We were given eight color combos and eight sketches.   The challenge is to pick one color combo and one sketch for your project.  I had a hard time picking just one of each, but finally settled on one of each, got to work and came up with this:



Initially I was going to use patterned paper (as was suggested in the design tips), but didn't like how it looked so opted to stamp the block portion of the sketch.  I then die cut my flower pieces using the Friendly Flowers and Friendly Flower dies.  The word is from the Pretty Peonies stamp and die set.  All the inks are from Stampin Up! and match the PTI colors fairly closely.  I layered everything up and then added the "birthday" sentiment (from Pretty Peonies) in black ink.   Since I used nice bright colors for my card I'm also adding this to the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge:  Bright and Beautiful.

Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white & kraft; Stamps and dies:  PTI; Inks:  Stampin Up!

17 comments:

Nancy Guse said...

Hi Rosemary, your card is beautiful!! I love how bright and clean it looks and the strips are awesome!!

Lin said...

This is lovely, Rosemary! I really like the sketch and the colors, too. So glad you played along with us at the "Bright & Beautiful" challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesdaya challenge!

Lisa Elton said...

I like that you chose to stamp instead of use paper! This is so pretty!!

Tenia Nelson said...

So pretty!!

Hannelie said...

I so LOVE this Rosemary!

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the way you used the sketch!

Nancy said...

Just lovely, Rosemary! Perfect color and sketch combination!

Anita in France said...

So very pretty, Rosemary ... bright and fresh and spring-like! Anita :)

Kara Lynne said...

I love how you used that sketch and those colors together! Beautiful, cheerful card!

Lizzie T a/k/a Wifelady said...

Gorgeous card! I used the same color and sketch combo for my card! Love it!

Pop's Cards said...

Such a gorgeous creation, love the colours that you have chosen, thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this time, hugs Pops x

Lisa Lara said...

Clever girl, Rosi stamping your stripes off your panel. Love that.

Greta said...

The bright & beautiful challenge immediately came to mind when I saw this card, Rosemary--love the crisp, clean, beautiful look! Still gotta get going on the PTI challenges--you've inspired me!

walchowDesign said...

Great take on the sketch, Rosemary! I used almost the same colour for my card inspired by MB!

Viv said...

Beautiful card Rosie ;) Viv xx

Deepti said...

Gorgeous ! Love the colors you picked

Martha said...

OH, this is another BEAUTY, Rosemary!
I love it!