"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, November 18, 2011

Best Wishes....

Hey there!!  Happy Friday to everyone.   Got a card for a couple of challenges:  Cardabilities and Flutterby Wednesday.   I have heard about Flutterby Wednesday challenges before, but had never checked out their challenge until just the other day and since this week is "anything goes" I decided to give them a try.   The layout of the card is courtesy of Cardabilities.... another fantastic sketch!!!  A shout out to Cardabilities is in order... they picked the card I entered in the last sketch challenge as one of their top 5!!!   Thanks so much ladies!!!



I did make one small change to the sketch... I only used three butterflies instead of four.  This mainly came about because the middle butterfly is quite large.  The papers and the butterflies are from the Pink Paislee Butterfly Garden collection.  I stamped a large flourish image from Hero Arts in Spun Suger distress ink on the patterned paper and then the sentiment (also Hero Arts) in VersaFine Vintage Sepia.    The crocheted lace is from My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Christmas. 

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI kraft; PP:  Pink Paislee Butterfly Garden; Embellishments:  Pink Paislee Butterfly Garden Clear Pops; Ink:  VersaFine Vintage Sepia & Ranger Spun Sugar distress ink; Lace:  My Mind's Eye; Punch:  SU! Scallope Punch; Stamps:  Hero Arts

15 comments:

Catherine said...

Fab card, lovely butterflies...

Canonbury creations said...

Love the shabby chic feel to the background and the gorgeous butterflies:)
Val x

Barb said...

The subtle stamping of the flourish on that pretty patterned paper looks gorgeous, Rosie! Love these colors too! Good luck and happy weekend! :)

Brenda said...

Ooh! I love butterflies and this card is a beauty Rosemary! Totally adore the soft stamping on the patterned paper, it has such a beautiful effect! Super duper card!

Lisa Lara said...

Wow this is gorgeous Rosi. Those butterflies just landed on your card. How bout that!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Rosie
Congrats on your Top 5 placing your cards are always up there with the best and so they should be. This card is gorgeous. I am pleased you revised the sketch. The 'golden mean' is to follow good form/composition together.
The direction of the viewers eye leads ones gaze around all elements before leading out of the scene. Your card, by following the 'rule of odds;' having three butterflies is more pleasing to the eye. So for me you have improved the sketch. But I will remind you this is my personal opinion and I am not saying that the sketch is in anyway incorrect to good composition. Indeed, I would be the first person to break the rules. Ha, What rules? There are no rules when one creates!!!
Sorry Rosie, I protract too much.
Have a great weekend.
Smiles:)

Michelle said...

Beautiful butterflies, Rosemary! This card is perfect for The Ribbon Reel Challenge.... http://theribbonreelchallenge.blogspot.com/2011/11/challenge-15-butterflies.html

joy said...

Hi, Rosemary! Love this pretty card. Butterflies are one of my favorite images. Congrats on being in the top five - very well deserved, I must say!

Susie Moore said...

Your card is so elegant!

Greta said...

Well, you've really done it this time, Rosemary! Had to check out this card again (saw it in Flickr)--one of my favorites, although all your cards inspire me! Which card was in the top 5? Want to be sure I didn't miss it.

Saints Rule! said...

So pretty! Love those butterflies Rosemary!!

Christine said...

It's a beauty! Very cute with the butterflys!
Christine

Elizabeth Allan said...

Rosemary this is stunning. Love the softness of the colors.

Unknown said...

these butterflies are just beautiful! congrats for making the top5!
thanks for playing with us at cardabilities!
Clelia

Elise said...

YOU are a SUPER STAR! Huge congrats to you, DEAR and TALENTED friend - this card sure ILLUSTRATES your stunning talent, much better than my measly words, so I'll just say, "Yee Haw, ROSIE!" YOU rock!