"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Christmas Blessings....

Hey there!! Here with a card for this week's Shabby Tea Room challenge.  My IRL friend, Cindy, is the hostess with the mostess over at the Tea Room and she has provided us with a gorgeous inspiration photo and the challenge to use white or cream, silver and glitter.   So for me that means doing two things I don't do a lot of:  making something covered in glitter and heat embossing.   I don't do either with any frequency because of my limited work space and the fact that it also happens to be my kitchen counter! 



Anywhoo... for my card I created a double snowflake with some snowflake chipboard pieces I had kicking around.  I covered the snowflake with some Diamond Glaze and then poured on the glitter (Art Glitter Wisteria for one (a light, light blue) and Art Glitter Ultra Fine Blue Rain).  A blinged up button from BasicGrey (say that 3x fast!) was adhered to the center of one snowflake using more Diamond Glaze and then the two snowflakes were adhered together using foam dimensionals.  The border from the WMS set Victorian Frippery was embossed in silver on the bottom of these neat postcard type piece from Stampin Up! and then I trimmed around to create the scalloped edge.  I inked the edges of another cardstock piece with a VersaMark pen, applied silver embossing powder and heat set.   The sentiment from Hero Arts was embossed in silver on the bottom of the card base.  Everything was layered up as you see it, some cream seam binding added and then the whole thing adhered to the card base.   The layout for the card once, again, is courtesy of another fabulous sketch from Sketchbook Saturday.

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI Rustic Cream; Cardstock embellishments:  Stampin Up!; Stamps:  WMS & Hero Arts; Ink:  VersaMark; Embossing Powder:  Ranger Ultra Fine Silver; Glitter:  Art Glitter; Button:  BasicGrey; Chipboard snowflakes

16 comments:

craftieodmae said...

absolutley beautiful!!! So very elegant!!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Breathtaking Rosemary! Elegant, divine and amazing.

Christine said...

The perfect card for the winter! Cool colours and a lovely bling-bling!
Christine

Jenny said...

ooo I love the shabby chic look and the glitter is so pretty on the snowflakes :) Gorgeous card Rosemary.
Jenny x

Saints Rule! said...

So pretty Rosemary! Elegance as only your can do it!!!

kingstonmama said...

The soft colors in this are so pretty. Lovely card. :) Ann Y.

Greta said...

Takes my breath away! Beyond gorgeous this time, my friend!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how beautiful Rosemary!! I just love the glitz and your soft colors!! So elegant!!!!
blessings,
Chris

Tiffany Ervin said...

I love these colors together, super elegant feel to it!

Brenda said...

Hi Rosemary, trying to catch up on some of my favourite blogs of which you are one! I love that glittery snowflake, super! I also don't play with glitter too much because most of my cards go to OWH, but when I do I quite like it!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Ohhh Rosie, this is so soft and feminine... I'm dazzled by all that sparkle! :)

Michelle said...

oh my! that snowflake is stunning!

Melissa Bove said...

Wow! Gorgeous card! That snowflake is amazing!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at The Shabby Tea Room!

Hugs...
Melissa

Nancy said...

Hello Rosemary! What a gorgeous, soft design! I hope you are having a Happy Birthday too!

farmhouse-story said...

your cards are darling, rosemary! i esp. love this shabby fab one!

Elise said...

*GASP!* THIS is OUTRAGEOUSLY dreamy, Rosebud! That snowflake is purely intoxicating and EVERYTHING about why paper craft is SO attractive and addicting! I LOVE this!