"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Monday, November 7, 2011

Holiday Sparkle....

Hey there!  Wow... its Monday, again!  Spent the entire afternoon on Sunday (yep... the entire afternoon) making a card for several challenges.   I didn't think it would take me all afternoon as I was working with a sketch (which generally speeds things up for me) and a "card recipe", but when you mix in the fact that I was also fixing dinner at the same time a 30 minute project can turn into a 3+ hours project. 




Anywhoo... the card is for the current Paper Players challenge (a recipe:  3 patterned papers, 2 ribbons, one punch & some glitter).   I also made this for the Flourishes "Snowy Delight" challenge.   The layout is courtesy of this month's Something For You to Try sketch.   The patterned papers are Frostwood Lodge from Stampin Up!   The stamps are from the Flourishes sets Holiday Sparkle and Country Charm Labels.   To be honest I know that one of the things that slowed me down in the completion of the card was the label I created using some ribbon, buttons and twine.  From start to finish it probably took me a good half hour just to make the label as you see it on the card.   You might be wondering where the punched item is on the card and that would be the little flower in the center of the snowflake ornament.  I stamped the flower image from the SU! set Punch Potpourrie and then punched out the flower using my Boho Blossoms punch.   Glitter was added to the trimmed out pine bough and ornament.    Despite the amount of time it took to make the card I am totally and completely pleased with the outcome!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white; SU! Cherry Cobbler & Garden Green; SU! Frostwood Lodge dp; Stamps:  Flourishes & Stampin Up!; Ribbon:  Stampin Up! Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding & white lace ribbon; Green Bakers Twine:  The Twinery; Buttons:  PTI; Glitter:  Barbara Trombley's Art Glitter; Spellbinder Grommet Tag die

24 comments:

Canonbury creations said...

So you should be pleased, it's beautiful. Love the plaid background gives it a Scottish feel:) hope you didn't get glitter in the dinner!!
Val x

Elizabeth Allan said...

Rosemary the elements you created for your card are amazing. Love all the dimension, layers and colors. I knew you were a multi-tasker! You probably had laundry going at the same time!

Barb said...

Love this card, Rosie! The plaid background is so fun and you've layered everything beautifully! :)

Sue Lelli said...

Wow! Rosemary, this was worth the three hours! LOVE the snowflake ornament and the boughs and the glitter! LOVE the papers, too! GORGEOUS card!

Christine said...

The background is so special! Beautiful card in traditionel colours!
Christine

Gibmiss said...

Hi Rosi
Fabulous card as always ....love all your cards ....stunning work.....
hugs sylvie
xxx

Scrumplescrunch said...

Three hours, and you think that is a long time! I must be doing something wrong here, I take an average of three days! and no way could I multi task when creating, you must be a super woman Rosie why didn't you tell me?
I understand that one has to be clever, gifted, ingenious, innovative, inspired, inventive, leading-edge, original and prolific.
I get all that but expeditious as well! Oh dear this is horrifying!! I may have to lie down for awhile.
After all this comprehension, I can regard your card with perplexity, it is a stunner and you have made a wonderful job under such adverse conditions; well they are in my world anyway.
Smiles:)

Sewflake said...

What a great finishing touch to your lable with the twine and buttons. A very country, charming card. Thank you for playing in Flourishes challenge.

Sharon Doolittle
Flourishesllc

Stacy Morgan said...

Very pretty, great country Christmas feel to this also. thanks for playing in our snowy delights challenge.

Susan Joyce said...

Love the snowflake ornament and the detail around your sentiment. Thanks for playing at The Paper Players this week.

Ann Schach said...

Wow! Whre do I start! A fabulous card! I LOVE the ornament! A great mix of patterns. The buttons with the twine are the perfect accents! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players this week!

Jenny said...

So wonderfully festive Rosemary and well worth all the time you spent on creating it :)
Gorgeous.
Jenny x

Dawn B. said...

It as well worth the three hours because this is gorgeous. I love the snowflake. It is so pretty. Great job and thanks for joining us at Flourishes.

Michelle said...

I love the red plaid, Rosemary! Beautiful ribbon and twine embellishment!

ChristineCreations said...

This is so pretty Rosemary! I love how the sketch worked, the colors you chose in the traditional green and red and how warm it feels.

I'm the same way, not a speedy crafter :)

Julie Marshall said...

What a great card! I LOVE all of your elements together and the dimension that you've created is just fabulous. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Rosemary, you took this recipe and whipped up a creative masterpiece! I love all of the pretty layers and dimension. I also love how you incorporated the "sparkle" in both the main image, as well as the sentiment. :) Fabulously festive! Thank you so much for playing along with our recipe challenge this week at the Paper Players!

Greta said...

Gorgeous card, Rosemary! Love the totally fresh look you achieved with the traditional red & green--which I happen to love!

Brenda said...

Sorry to have missed this beautiful card Rosemary! Love that plaid and checkered designer paper! I think the whole composition is awesome! Love the snowflake!

Lesley said...

Hi Rosi!
I often have to leave cards and come back to them after dinner and the dishes are done! LOL! This is a cool card, love the elements and the rustic feel. Great job with the sketch too. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players!
Hugs,
Lesley

Elise said...

WhatEVER time it took, this was WELL worth the effort, my dear! Well WORTH it! {Gosh, I love that stamp!} Brilliantly crafted! Super sparkly! YOU rock!

Nance Leedy said...

What a beautiful, rustic mix of patterns and natural elements! I love the way you've layered the sentiment and paired the seam binding with the bakers twine! So glad you could join us at The Paper Players!

Tara Bilbao said...

Rosemary, this is such a fabulous card and made with time well spent. I have worked in bits and pieces at times and it could take me days to produce one card because beautiful life gets first priority.

I love your layout and all the sparkles coordinate beautifully with the sentiment. Such a fantastic card! Thank you for playing along with The Paper Players this week!

Lisa Lara said...

Oh I love that plaid bg Rosi.