"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Thank you...

Hey there!!  Hope your week is going well... can't believe the week is already half over!  Yikes... time sure flies!!   Have a card for a couple of challenges.   One is a "new to me" sketch challenge called Tuesday Morning Sketches.   The other challenge is one of my favorites:  Flourishes Timeless Tuesday.   Sadly I haven't done a Timeless Tuesday challenge in a few weeks.  I tried to make a card for last week's challenge to use the "double embossing" technique, but things didn't turn out so well for me and I gave up.    So, I was determined to make something for this week's challenge. 




The time is from the Flourishes set Sweet Violets and the sentiment from the Hero Arts set Find Joy.  I had to tweek the sketch just a bit to make it work, but the basic layout is still there.  The Tuesday Morning Sketches challenge comes with a "twist" this week in that they want you to make a card that "gives thanks".  With Thanksgiving just around the corner I could pulled out another fall/thanksgiving type image, but I wanted to take a break from that and for that reason I chose to use the Sweet Violets set.  I colored the image with the following Copic markers:  V000, V04, V06, V09, Y21, YG93, YG95 & YG97.  All papers and cardstock are PTI.  The image was diecut with a Spellbinders large plain rectangle die.   The challenge at Timeless Tuesday is to add a flag and so I created the little pennant type flag for the sentiment.

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white & plum pudding; PP:  PTI Bitty Star Basics Plum Pudding & Ripe Avocado; Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black; Stamps:  Flourishes Sweet Violets & Hero Arts Find Joy; Copic Markers; EK Success punch; PTI buttons

21 comments:

Lin said...

Beautifully done, Rosemary! This may have been my first Flourishes stamp and I still love it. It is perfect for this sketch!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Rosie
You gave up!!!!! You actually admit to it; amazing! I would have said "abolished the project" then it sounds as if I had a better idea......
Purple and Green even though they are complementary colours if not used correctly they can clash.
So how do you make this card work?
Because purple is derived from the mixing of a strong warm and cool colour, it has both warm and cool properties. Green and purple in lighter shades are cheerful and springlike, Violet flowers are often delicate and considered precious. By Choosing one dominant colour; GREEN, plus the White accent, you have pulled this card together beautifully.
The sketch is works too.
Smiles:)

Cindy Haffner said...

STUNNING Rosemary!!~

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Rosemary! Those little Violets look beautiful! Thanks for joining along with FTTC :)

Barb said...

I always love seeing purple and green together and I love all the different elements you added in both colors - such a beautiful mix, Rosie! Love this card!

craftieodmae said...

another gorgeous card, you remind me I have that stamp, need to dig it out and create something!!!!

Jenny said...

Really really pretty Rosemary, your colouring is always outstanding :)
Jenny x

Tammy Hershberger said...

Gorgeous coloring on this, Rosemary and I love the sweet simplicity of the layout and the polka dots! Thanks for joining us this week for Timeless Tuesday!

Christine said...

The colours are a perfect team, just as you who maked the card!
Christine

Dawn said...

Very sweet card! The violets are beautiful. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Greta said...

Simply beautiful, Rosemary! I couldn't get the double embossing technique to work either--even looking at the SCS video! The dotted papers are just lovely with your flowers--enhance & don't distract--perfect, as always!

Marie said...

Your card is simply beautiful, Rosemary. Fantastic use of those Copic markers. Thanks for playing along at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Lisa Lara said...

Wow this is gorgeous and striking Rosi. Definitely an attention getter.

Elizabeth Allan said...

Rosemary these purple and greens just made my day. Your card treated me to a bright and cheery smile! You have great "recipes" for your layers!

Elise said...

Once again - you ARE stunning in these colors - WOW! So rich and beautifully colored - OUTSTANDING work!

Kathy said...

Oh wow, I LOVE this! This is just stunning, you coloring, paper choice, just everything about it. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches this week.

Brenda said...

Love that image and your beautiful coloring Rosemary! Such a gorgeous purple color!

Michelle said...

Rosemary, your violets are beautiful! I love this color combo and your pretty papers and buttons!

Tiffany Ervin said...

This is so striking, really LOVE the greens and purples together!

Melissa Craig said...

Your card is gorgeous! Purple is my favorite color and you made this color combo work very well. Applause! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Silke Ledlow said...

Rosemary, your card is simply gorgeous! Awesome take on the Sketch and the FTTC...thanks for joining us! Hugs ~S~