"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Silent Night....

Hey there!!  Happy Wednesday!  Have another Christmas card using non-traditional colors.   This card is for this week's ODBD Shining the Light challenge to have bells or baubles hanging from your card and the City Crafter's challenge to make pink the focus of a Christmas card.



For my card I used the ODBD Poinsettia background stamp and a sentiment from the ODBD Holly Tag set.   The papers are from the SU! paper pack called Beau Chateau.   The ink is SU! Pink Pirouette and Marina Mist.  I used some of that absolutely yummy May Arts crinkle ribbon for the bow.  It took me a while to figure out how I was going to attach the bells, but finally got it right this morning.  As I was finishing up the card it struck me as funny that I was putting bells on a card with a sentiment saying "Silent Night, Holy Night"!   I did some distressing (with ink and a distressing tool) to soften things up a bit.  The layout is from Deconstructed Sketch (DS28).

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white; SU! DP - Beau Chateau; Ink:  SU! Pink Pirouette & Marina Mist; Ranger Old Paper Distress Ink; Bells:  Joann's; Ribbon:  May Arts Pink crinkle ribbon; Twine:  The Twinery; Button:  PTI; Punch:  EKSuccess

24 comments:

Christine said...

Oh so lovely with the bells! The colours are also very nice for a christmascard!
Christine

Scrumplescrunch said...

Gorgeous sweet Bow Rosie and I love the little bells, it is such a quiet card, so your sentiment is perfect.
Smiles:)

Cindy Holshouser said...

Beautiful. I love that curly font!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Very pretty with the large, pink bow, so soft!

Michelle said...

gorgeous bow! i love to add bells to my cards!

Barb said...

So beautiful, Rosie! Gorgeous colors, love that bow and your hanging bells are the perfect touch! Happy Thanksgiving! :)

Lisa Lara said...

Beautiful and sweet Rosi...all at the same time. That is some gorgeous ribbon. Wow. Love this color combo Rosi. Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving.

velta said...

Hi girl ~ Sry I haven't been around...I have lost what everyone calls my "mojo." I love your latest post and what a stunning creation you have made...TFS...and wishing you and yours a Happy Thanksgiving :)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

How absolutely stunning Rosemary!! I just love the soft pastels and the background you created with the gorgeous bow!! Gorgeous!!
Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!!
hugs,
Chris

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Happy Thanksgiving dear friend!!

craftieodmae said...

absolutley gorgeous, Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!!!

Therese Franziska said...

what a card!!!so great!!love the liitle bells!!

Jenny said...

I love the pink bow with the pale blue Rosemary, such a beautiful Christmas card and I love the two jingle bells :)
Jenny x

Have a great time with the family at Thanksgiving :)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Sweet and Lovely pink christmas card, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Saints Rule! said...

So very pretty Rosemary! Happy Thanksgiving!

Ros said...

This is lovely ... I love your bow with the little bells ... thanks so much for playing along at CCCB

Elizabeth Allan said...

Rosemary I love how you tied the jingle bells to your fabulous bow with enough extra twine so they could sway and ring. Beautiful....

Cards By Jan said...

Gorgeous card, I love the hanging bells, and that beautiful ribbon!!

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful Rosemary! Love the colours and the distressing. I think the bells are a lovely touch
xx

Saints Rule! said...

Woot woot! Congratulations on your ODBDSLC selection!

Greta said...

Oh my goodness--this is breathtaking!

Elise said...

ROSIE does BOWS!!! {She REALLY does!} SERIOUSLY, girly girl - this is ABSOLUTELY beautiful! Your choices - materials, colors, DETAILS! Yuuummmmmmy! GREAT JOB!

cnelson said...

Incredibly LOVELY! Thanks so much for joining us this week at CCCB!!

Brenda said...

Oh this is truly exquisite Rosemary! I love the colours and that gorgeous bow only you can make!